CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Thanksgiving To Be Thankful For

We just made our way back from visiting family in Arizona for Thanksgiving. We had a great time visiting old friends and seeing our family. It took Sienna a few days to warm up to everybody but once she did, she was her funny little self and let her true colors shine. Everyone loved her little voice every time she said "hi" to them. It is honestly the cutest thing ever! All the girls went to see Twilight and we all loved it! The theater was packed full with little girls who were ewing and ahhhing the entire movie which made it even better. To my only dismay, I was the only trooper who sported a Twilight shirt. Oh well. Thanks dad and Tadd for watching Sienna.
We truly had a FEAST of a Thanksgiving. Everything tasted so good I could not get enough. I ate way too much because later that night it all came back up. YUCK! I had so much fun cooking and baking with my mom. She is such a natural in the kitchen. Later that night we played Scattergories and laughed the entire night. We also saw the new Bond movie. I must be slow because I did not get the movie even though I saw the first one. I didn't care because there was plenty of eye candy for me to enjoy. Daniel Craig is the best Bond ever!
I miss you guys already and can't wait to see you all again. Thanks for a great 2 weeks!

Last but not least, we had our family pictures taken a few weeks ago. Sienna had just started walking so she did not want to sit still for one picture. Alas, she hardly smiled in any of the pictures and she is holding sticks in all of them but they turned out pretty cute. Enjoy! Our photographer is http://www.eskelphotograhy.com/. She is brand new and I think she does a great job!













I bumped into a long lost friend at church so we decided to all meet up at the mall with our girls. Allison's little Adalyn is 2 days older than Sienna, too funny. We had so much fun.


I was able to see Leslie and her girls a few times during the trip. Sienna and Sydney finally started to warm up to each other.

It was so fun seeing you Les considering I have not seen you since Jeanene's wedding. (pre-kids)

I also got to see my childhood best friend Melinda.


Sienna loved her Uncle Nick and Tadd, unfortunately I did not get one of Tadd.

We tried brining our turkey this year. I got the idea from Rachel Ray. I must tell you it was the best turkey I have ever had! So moist and flavorful.

The finished product....mmmmm...

Carving the turkey and pulling juices for the gravy...mmmmm...






The whole family


We all went to Islands the night before we left.


And then the Mesa Temple lights. It was so crowed we did not stay long so I only captured one single picture. :( Poor Sienna was so sad when we left.


18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving holiday! I LOVE your family pics! Who took them and where did you have them done?

Alecia said...

Yay! I am glad you are back! Those family pictures turned out so cute, and you were worried? You look beautiful! Good bye!

Erin Marriott said...

I love your family pictures! So cute! And sounds like you guys had a fun Thanksgiving...that turkey looked awesome!! Tell me what you did...I'll be calling you seriously. How yummy. We did a fried turkey, it was so good too. I too, absolutely loved Twilight! I know some people were dissapointed or whatever, but I personally loved it. Cute pictures, miss you!

Aubry said...

The family pictures turned out great! I really like the one where you are all peaking over the tree. Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving trip. I'm sure your family misses Sienna already!

Brooke said...

I love the family pics, they look great! What a fun time with the fam. I don't know how you do it with them so far away. I'm sure you miss them like crazy!

allisonlaurel said...

Your family pictures are adorable!!! What a photogenic family! It was so fun to see you while you were down here, we'll have to do it again soon!

Leslie said...

Okay, so why do my kids look retarded in the mall picture? LOL! They really do. I swear they are normal. Anyway - I know you took more pictures at your house so you have to email them to me...like it or not because i can't steal them off your blog!! ;)

Your family pictures are so cute. I loved them all! It was fun to see you. I missed you and I hope we can see each other more often now that I'm in Arizona again.

bevany said...

I've been wondering why you hadn't posted in so long. Sounds like a fun trip. I love your family pictures and I'm totally jealous. I've been wanting a good family pic for a while but I'm too cheap to pay for it.

Crystal said...

Cute family pictures!

Looks like you all had a fun Thanksgiving too.

my new blog address is

http://chocolatevanillatwist.blogspot.com

Elisa said...

Fun Thanksgiving! I forgot to sport my Twilight shirt to the movie, but my sis did and she was all mad that I didn't. I thought it was cute too.

Leslie said...

P.S. I think I am going to brine a turkey next year. I'm hearing good things about it when people did it this year. I was going to try it, but I ran out of time and had a neck issue with my turkey.

Leah said...

Hey it looks like you had a good time down in Arizona. I really like your family pictures, good luck choosing which ones you want, I just barely got mine because I couldn't choose. We for sure need to get together Brilee needs to learn how to share! We should do it like next monday or tuesday during the day. You could come out and see my house. Let me know if something like that would work. Talk to ya later.

Leah said...

Hey it looks like you had a good time down in Arizona. I really like your family pictures, good luck choosing which ones you want, I just barely got mine because I couldn't choose. We for sure need to get together Brilee needs to learn how to share! We should do it like next monday or tuesday during the day. You could come out and see my house. Let me know if something like that would work. Talk to ya later.

Heather said...

Love the pictures! your family is so very cute. I'm glad you had such a fun Thanksgiving.

Joni said...

Those are darling family pics!

kellybelly said...

Miss Katie!!!

I asked Leslie about you today on Facebook and she emailed me back with this site!!

I have not seen you since your wedding reception in AZ!

You look exaclty the same, so pretty! What a great little life you have and your daughter is just precious!!

I went home last week ( I live in Austin now) and Lisa was asking me about you. Verrry wierd.

So good to see your face again,

-kelly curatolo
kcuratolo@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Helllllooooooooo! You don't get the same effect when typing that, but you can definitely hear me saying it as you are reading it. Katie, love the pictures! I know it started off to be a horrible day but it all worked out, you 3 look great! I'm so glad that you had a great time with your family! They are so much fun, I'm sure you were laughing the whole time. I can't wait to see you next Saturday and go see Twilight together. We are wearing our shirts right? Can't wait!

Steven & Tiffany Martin said...

sounds like a blast! Sad I missed the Barnett feast!