Of course the "date night" can never go according to plan, especially when your husband is the one arranging most of the plans. The concert started at 8pm and we wanted to go to a nice dinner in Salt Lake before hand. Keep in mind we live 25-30 minutes away from Salt Lake, snowy conditions; dropping Sienna off at the in laws, Jazz game the same night; parking, walking in high heels on ice; and waiting for a table. Whew...got that? In my mind I was thinking we needed to drop Sienna off at 4:30 so we could explain her schedule and be on the road no later than 5pm. In Tyler's mind, he thought we could drop Sienna off between 5:30 and 6pm. You probably guessed how the story ends by now. Yup! No fancy dinner, we settled for JB's Restaurant. It gets better. Our waitress was a spaz who probably could not remember her own name. After ordering our drinks (2 diet cokes), our waitress came back to our table several times reassuring us our drinks were coming and one time to ask us again what we ordered. We finally got our drinks and 10 minutes later ordered our food. I could not help noticing in all the time we waited for our drinks and our own food to come, all the other customers waiting for their food to come out because the waitress would bring out the wrong dinner plate. After what felt like forever, our waitress came to our table to ask us again what we ordered because she forgot. She actually told us she forgot what we ordered! Yes, she did write down our orders in the beginning. The point of this story is to remind you wives to take care of all planning. Sorry babe, I still had fun with you as we made fun of our waitress the whole night.








9 comments:
The concert sounds fun! I know what you're saying about planning the date. Been there...done that!
Don't you love Kurt Bestor! He is great! Sorry about the dumb waitress thing! But was nice of Tyler to try to make plans!
I love that story. not surprised about the plans being a little off b/c the hubby did it himself. It has happened to all of us. I hope you didn't leave the waitress a tip.
That's are tradition also! We go to the benefit concert at Weber State...minus this year because of Abigail. Well come over and see us soon!
Oh that is hilarious! What a spaz!! I hate that, when you never get to be just "alone" like on an actual 'date' and the dumb waitress just ruins the dinner! Sounds like you guys had fun anyway! Sienna's too cute with Santa!
Yes, I know you miss me, who wouldn't? Okay? This month is just crazy! I can't believe Christmas is in like 9 days! We should at least chat, call me! Good bye!
P.S. I love your "date night" story, haha...
I love the moral of the story. "Ladies you make the plans!"
You are the funniest chicka!
I gotta get your address to send you an christmas card!
I don't think I'd ever let Josh make the plans. I'm too much of a control freak! haha! At least you made it to the show! Who is Kurt Bestor? Am I dumb that I don't know?
send me your address:
qtsara@hotmail.com
Post a Comment