
I had a good streak going, I thought I almost broke the habit. THINK AGAIN!!! OK, here it goes...Tonight was the night of Tyler's annual work Christmas party. Tyler's mom agreed to watch Sienna for us while we attended the party. I am the type of mom who over thinks everything for my child that I always tend to forget one essential item. i.e, bottle, food, etc. I am sure everyone has done this before so I never feel that bad about it. BUT, it just so happens that it always occurs when I am out with Tyler's mom, so I am sure she considers me the biggest ditz of them all. Tonight tops them all. Why forget one teensy weensy little item when you can forget the whole entire bag all together? Poor Lynn still took Sienna for a few hours so we could enjoy the party. Thanks Lynn.
On a sad note, most of my blog friends know about Sienna's "magic blanket", the blanket we never go anywhere without. She has had this blanket since she was a few months old and quickly formed a tight bond with it. Well, not to blame daddy but the mommy is always perfect right? While Tyler was strapping Sienna in her car seat he placed the blanket on top of the car. I noticed this while I was walking out to the car but did not say anything as I was sure he would remember he put it there. That's what I get for thinking. "Magic Blanket" is gone to live with the snow. Tyler was sweet because when we both realized what happened after looking all over the house for it he jumped in the car to look for it. When I laid her down to bed I almost burst into tears because she was searching for it all over her bed and could not find it. It was an hour and a half past her normal bedtime so she was too exhausted to care but I am sure she will in the morning. Alas, I have to find another one tomorrow. Wish me luck!






3 comments:
Oh my gosh, Katie. That is TRAGIC!!! Both my girls have special blankets and if they were lost we would NEVER survive. I can't even imagine. I would have bawled. You have to find it!! Maybe Sienna is young enough she'll be able to get used to a new one. GOOD LUCK!!
don't worry, I left my kids with my mom yesterday while I went to the doctor and forgot to leave the diaper bag. needless to say, Jake was poopy for a long time. poor Grandma.
I can't imagine losing Jake's "magic blanket" I don't think any of us would survive that tragedy. I hope you have a Christmas miracle.
Oh No! I know how much she loves that blanket! Good luck finding a new one!
Post a Comment