CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Waiting for Spring

As most of you know by reading our family blog Sienna was born premature and could not be taken out in public especially not to church. So....from the time I brought her home September 8th we have kept her in the house and away from the world. Her only outings would be a Sunday dinner over at Grandma and Grandpa Berrett's house or little errands here or there when I was desperate to get out of the house. On warm days here in Utah we have been slowly introducing her to church but we would only go for 1 hour and then leave so we would not expose her to too many germs. We have been waiting for Spring to show it's beautiful face here in Utah where the weather can never make up it's mind. It was in the 70's today so we took her to church for the full 3 hours!!! She did great too! She babbled on and on in Gospel Doctrine but it was so funny you had to laugh. Why can't I get her talking on camera more often? Or why didn't I think to bring my camera to church?? It was so fun introducing her to our friends in the ward who have never seen her. Anyways...we are taking her to Arizona this week for Tadd and Kelly's wedding and I could not be more excited to show this cute girl off to the world. I want to thank our family, friends and neighbors for being so thoughtful and understanding of our delicate situation. We love you all and can't wait to spend more VALUABLE time with you.


5 comments:

Leslie said...

I will admit, it is SO much fun to show off your kid. Especially when your kid is as cute as Sienna! I love compliments about Sydney because I can't agree more and I am just so proud. It will be fun to go to the wedding. I'm sure by now, she is ready for more outings. But, I can totally see why you've been careful with her! She didn't have an easy start.

And when Sydney babbles in our church, it is like yelling babbling. People stare and we have to cover her mouth. She's pretty loud. Who did she get that from?? ;)

Leslie said...

P.S. I'm looking forward to future church dress pictures!

Erin Marriott said...

Hooray for Sienna's first church debut!! I bet it felt so good to sit there, as a family. I'm so impressed with you, Katie, for the patient mother you are. You've handled everything so well this last year, and now spring is finally here! (or trying to, at least) I remember when she was first born and you were telling me you'd have to wait until about April/May until you're out of the woods. You did it!! I bet you're excited to see your family at the wedding!! You'll have to post pictures of little Sienna in her wedding atire.

Aubry said...

How fun to be able to take her out more. Hooray for Spring! Have a great time with all of the wedding festivities. You can email me at aubry8@gmail.com with your cell number if you have one and we can try to set up a time to get together while you're here. It would be great to see you! My parents don't live by your family anymore, but we can figure out a place to meet.

Aubry said...

I hope everything went well with the wedding! I tagged you, so see my blog so you know what to do!