CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Off All Fours!

My little Sienna is so close to walking on her own. She takes long strides between me and Tyler but is not confident enough to walk all the time. She is content walking around the house all day long holding my index finger. She loves to walk up and down the stairs, to the park, back and forth in the backyard...needless to say, I am getting my exercise. My question is, am I babying her by continuing to let her hold my finger or will she just start walking one day by herself? I guess we shall see.

Here is a really quick video of her taking a few steps. (Don't listen to the crazy woman in the background)


7 comments:

Brooke said...

It is so hard to know what to do and each kid is so different! Macklie was litterally running by 10 months and I could not get Addi to even take one single step until she was over a year. Addison could not be forced into anything (she even talked late), but when she was ready and made up her mind, she was off! If it was me I'd just let her do at her own pace. And soon enough (I know it sounds cheesy) you'll be missing the days when she wanted you to hold her hand!

Heather said...

The crazy person in the background sounds like a normal mommy to me.

she will go on her own when she is ready. As soon as she is comfortable leaving you though, there is no going back! Pretty soon you will be chasing her down the street wearing only a towel because she got out of the house while you were in the shower and you didn't know she could even open doors. (actually I hope that never happens to anyone but me.)

The Railsback's said...

no way she is getting so big! she is so cute!! time really flies doesnt it

bevany said...

Way cute video. Keigan didn't walk until about two months after her first birthday. Good job Sienna!

Leslie said...

I was totally going to make fun of your voice in the video because that is what you did when I posted one of Sydney's first steps. But I am a better person than you... ;)

I think that she will walk when she is ready. It will be any minute now! I wouldn't stress about babying her. You know her better than anyone!

With Sydney I used to hold her hands and then just let go. Ha! I'm mean! Or I'd have her walk to me and just keep backing up. Sometimes she'd fall but others she would keep going. She was a bit of a daredevil though and thought it was fun. If Sienna is a bit more cautious then just let her take her time. It is so cute when they are learning to walk. And don't you feel so proud?

You will love it when she finally starts cruising around. It's so much easier letting Sydney walk out to the car etc by herself! This was long. I was just very excited about your video. Sorry...

Anonymous said...

How cute! It is so cute when they are learning to walk! She'll get it on her own soon, I think it is sweet that she is holding your hand. My advise, be aware that now is the time that the head bangs start! Running into walls, corners and just plain falling! But don't let that scare you, it is part of learning!

Anonymous said...

Sienna will do it soon enough, and then she will be off and running. Leslie was so funny you just sound like any other excited mommy. You will be putting everything away soon just to keep up with her. That is our little peanut.