I am ticked! I took Sienna to the pool today and she was having a blast with her cousins. Naomi and Wyatt love to drag her float all over the kiddie pool. Sienna just lays back and enjoys the ride. The kiddie pool is for LITTLE kids right? I mean, that is why they call it the kiddie pool. A boy around the age of 10 decided he wanted to do hand-stands right in the middle of the kiddie pool and of course it did not work because it is no more than 2 ft. of water, so he came crashing down on my daughter. He literally kicked little Sienna in the head. I saw this happening while Naomi and Wyatt were cruising her around and around and I could not get there fast enough. I picked up my screaming baby as the boy smugly apologized. I was raging mad that the mother was no where and the life guards did nothing. So....since I could not take my frustrations out on the mother, I took them out on the life guard who seemed to be there to get a nice tan.
Sienna calmed down after a few minutes and she is doing just fine now. I am probably being over protective but come on. Is it too much to ask for parents to watch their kids or for the life guards to do their job? They are there for the safety of our kids right?
I did manage to get some pictures of these cuties before the hand-stand gone wrong incident.





14 comments:
Poor baby! Glad she's okay! I hate it when people pay absolutely no attention to their kids, especially at a pool.
Ha ha ha! This is so funny to me because I almost did a post JUST like this the other day. I get so annoyed at other people's kids at the pool. I swear...older kids have to consideration for the little kids in the pool. Mia is always getting kicked or splashed in the face and it makes me so mad! I'm always looking around for a mom to get mad at...and the lifeguards totally DON'T CARE!!! I love that you did this post. Poor little Sienna. I'm glad she's ok. (Sorry for the novel.)
I don't think you were overreacting. I would have yelled at the kid, found his mom, AND yelled at the life guard. I would have complained to management too. Pools are scary and little babies can drown in seconds. So I would be furious if a ten year old kicked her. What if she went under? I'm mad for you! haha!
Cute pictures though. She seems to really enjoy swimming. Syd won't sit in those seats anymore. SHe likes to jump off the side which means I'm constantly catching her in fear she will drown! :)
P.S. "Ticked" is such a Utah word. hehe. I remember growing up there, it was a common term as well as "flipping" and "fetch."
my poor baby Sienna, Grandma Sharon would have knocked that kid a new one if you know what I mean. I guess you just need to come home to Arizona and swim in our pool where there are no kidds just us.
That is terrible for your little baby. Hopefully it doesn't make her afraid to go back in the water, it shouldn't usually little ones forget. But I probably would have told someone off too! Especially the mother!
Hey Katie I was so glad to hear from you. Your blog is sooo cute. And Sienna is darling. I hope all is well at the Berrett home. Misty
You've got more restraint than me - I would have gotten over the PA system and paged the slacker who left their monster to kick my child! She looked so cute pre-trauma though!
Hey I know you guys! Your baby girl is such a little doll. Your bloggie looks great too!
Crystal
http://dagdagantwist.blogspot.com
Gee, I didn't even know that happened. I saw her crying but I didn't realize that was what had happened. I have a hard time with the lifeguards too, they really don't pay much attention. But those big kids shouldn't have been in the KIDDIE pool anyway!!
Hey sorry I have been anti social lately, hings have been crazy! kiss that swee girl for me! shes getting so big
Nothing is worse than a little one getting hurt. Mother's protectiveness can make us all a little angry! I have yelled at strangers before for hurting my kids! Pools are always dangerous, I think the "kids" pools should have an age limit on them. Keep the older ones out!
OH MY GOSH. I would be so so so mad. Especially since you couldn't find the mom, hahaha!!! I would seriously have probably caused a big scene, looking for that dumb kid's mom! Poor little Sienna, just having a fun time in the pool, and out of nowhere, these feet in her face! It was so good to talk to you today, and I sure hope Friday works out! I would love to see you guys!
Moms bring their 10 year olds to the pools so they don't have to watch them but know that they are being entertained. Then they chat with their friends not paying one bit of attention to what their children are doing. I've been to the pool with mothers like that, they are in my ward! The McDonald's play area is the same.
Post a Comment