CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Pumpkin Walk and Zaida Update

Tyler took Sienna to the Pumpkin Walk so I could go to the Nicu and a friend's wedding reception. Sienna had so much fun with her daddy looking at all the pumpkins, and scary Halloween costumes.
















Zaida is doing awesome. She no longer has her breathing tube in place. It seriously took me and Tyler 30 minutes to realize that. We kept noticing her nose and her lips and it finally dawned on us. ha! She is almost catching up to her birth weight, she is an ounce shy. She is now taking 3 quarters milk and one quarter water and is getting 11cc of breast milk. The doctors are going to see how she does with that before increasing her feedings. She is no longer under the bilirubin lights which is a relief after being under them for several days. All in all she is progressing very well. We love her and her sweet spirit so much.
Thanks again to everyone who has watched Sienna, prepared dinners, and were all round generous and thoughtful to our family. It is so comforting to have such amazing family and friends to support us at this time.


Such little precious hands.


Tummy time under the lights.




12 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for the update. I am glad she is doing so well now. When do they think she will be able to come home? The pumpkin walk looks fun too.

Anonymous said...

You sure do have two beautiful girls! I'm glad Sienna enjoyed the pumpkin walk with her daddy.

Don't think I have forgotten about Sienna, we've had a runny nose and are just getting over it. But I want to take her soon.

Thanks for the update!

Aubry said...

It seriously amazes me what can be done these days for tiny babies like her. I'm so glad she's doing well. Thanks for the update.
The pumpkin walk looks like a lot of fun for Sienna and her daddy.

Leah said...

I am glad to hear everything is going well, and that both you and the baby are doing better. I glad Sienna was able to go to the pumpkin patch, that was one of Brilee's favorite activities this month.

Unknown said...

oh..she is so precious. What an amazing little girl!

Anonymous said...

It was so good talking to you-you sound amazing and I'm so happy that everything is going good for your family! Zaida is beautiful! And I can't believe how big Sienna keeps getting, love you all so much!

Norine said...

Sounds like she is a fighter and doing well. I am so glad and happy for you guys. I'll talk to you soon.

bevany said...

You seriously went to a wedding reception? Man, you must bounce back quick! I'm so glad Zaida is doing well. I love seeing pictures of her. Keep them coming!

The White Family said...

Oh my word Katie, I had no idea that she was even born!! I am so glad to hear that everything is doing better!! What hospital is she at? How are you doing? Do you guys need anything? I know that you guys have a ton of help, but let me do something!!!

Josh and Tausha said...

She is such a cutie...and Sienna too! We are so glad to hear that she is doing so well.

Leslie said...

She is sooo tiny. I can't believe it. I am glad you are both doing well!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the sweet baby and sweet name!! I am going to go and see her next week when i work again, so cute!!! Glad the big sister got to go with dad to the cute pumpkin walk!