
Taken on her birthday.

hello world, hello mom and dad.

We have tossed and turned over what her name would be and not to mention had to come up with it a lot sooner than anticipated. We named her Zaida Elise. I heard it right after I found out I was having a girl and loved it right away. I came home and looked it up and read the meaning of the name and fell in love with it even more. It means "lucky one" "fortunate" "prosperous". I think a little 2 pounder could use all these things, right? I just needed to get Tyler on board and he finally came around.
Zaida is doing great. She has increased her feedings to a whopping 4cc and is doing well with it. She is breathing room air now but they keep the oxygen flow just in case. She is still under the bili-rubin lights but her numbers are decreasing. The best news of all is I was able to hold her the other night for 20 minutes! She opened her eyes while I held her and she looked at me. The nurse said she might get irritated with the touching but she let me hold her and seemed content in doing so. (At least I like to tell myself that). Here are some of the pictures of me holding her. I am so sorry for the lack of pictures but my camera is still in the car and I am lazy, simple as that. These were taken from Ty's phone.





12 comments:
I can't believe how tiny she is! It is so different than my 9lb babies. You better post more pictures or else....I won't get to see them. I'm glad you have picked a name. I'm sure nobody likes to be called "baby" all the time. I love Elise as a middle name and her name flows really well. Congrats again and keep us posted
She's so sweet!!! I love that you share a middle name. Right? I admit that her name had to be read twice but I honestly do love it. I said it out loud and it grew on me. The meaning is perfect. It's nice you got to hold her. She is improving quickly! I think about you everyday friend. Love you!
PS It is awesome we share a birthday. I'll always remember it! Hehe.
I'm so glad that she is doing well! I hope you're feeling better. I love the name, I love new and different names, my problem is there is no convincing my hubby of them! Best of luck, we can't wait to see more pictures.
She is beautiful, I can't believe how tiny she is. Love her name, it fits her perfectly! I'm glad to hear that you are doing better.
Perfect name choice! I love the meaning, it couldn't be more perfect and it's such a beautiful name! Give Zaida a hug and kiss for me next time you're able to hold her and Sienna too. I bet she must be so excited to be a big sister, you truly are blessed. I love ya tons, glad that things are improving!
Oh Katie!!! She is beautiful! And I'm so glad that things are improving as much as they have, and that she's doing so well. My sister's twins were 3lbs, so I know how much is involved with trying to get these babies to where they need to be, but it sounds like she is doing great. And you sound amazing, by the way! I hope you're able to get plenty of rest right now. I love the name by the way! And so fitting. Lillie has a little friend name Zaida, such a cute name! Love you and miss you and wish we were there!
She is so darling. The name is perfect. I'm excited for you guys. WAY TO GO!! If you need anything let me know.
Congrats! She looks really good and beautiful! I love the name (of course, I'm a sucker for different names with meaning).
What a beautiful, tiny little girl. How long is she? I really like the name and its meaning. I'm glad she is doing so well and progressing, and I'm so glad you got to hold her. Hope you are feeling better.
I couldn't believe when I heard you had little Zaida already (great name). You sure like to have quick pregnancies eh?! I'm so glad things are going well and that she is a fighter. Absolutely amazing what doctors can do these days. Congratulations!
She is so beautiful and so tiny! I love the name...it is so cute! I was glad to talk to you and hear that you guys are doing well. Call if you need anything!
Wow, she's so teeny! It's good to hear things are going well. I've been thinking about you guys a lot. I hope you're feeling ok! Cute name too, we're all about different names :)
Post a Comment