I was released from the hospital yesterday and am finally home recuperating. I still have high blood pressure but other than that I am doing well and getting stronger.
Our baby girl is getting closer to being named so we will definitely post once that is official. She is doing great for how small she is but we know she has a long road ahead. She is on 30% oxygen which is not very much and decreasing her need by the day. It is different from a ventilator, it is more like what they use when you have surgery. At 30 weeks her bowels are very immature so she has been on an IV for nutrition. They tried breast milk a few days ago but her little tummy was not handling it well so they put her back on the IV. As of last night she is now taking 1cc of breast milk every 3 hours. All of her nurses love to tell me how feisty she is. I just laugh because Sienna's nurses would tell me the same thing about her. We are so proud of her and love her so much.
We do have pictures of our sweet little baby and will try to post once we have named her. Our family feels your prayers and we appreciate all the love and generosity we have received. We will continue to update as often as we find time.
Family Weekend
7 years ago





8 comments:
So glad you are doing better. I have been checking your blog daily to see if there is any update. I would love to come see you or just chat. Give me a call when you feel up to it.
Katie! I am so glad that you are home and doing better. That's so great that your little girl is doing so well and is "feisty". Call me when you are up to it. I'd love to bring you dinner or take Sienna for a few hours! Love ya!
I am glad to hear you are doing better, and I am glad the little one is feisty, that is great to hear.
I'm glad you were able to come home so Sienna can have her mommy around. And I'm glad to hear that the little one is a fighter. I will continue to pray for you guys and hope things progress quickly with the baby. I'm excited to hear her name and see pictures.
I'm thankful you are doing well so far. I would love to see the pictures when you get the chance. I bet it is nice to be home though.
Katie and Tyler,
Congratulations on your bundle of joy. I am glad to see that she is fighting, it is good for her. It is also glad to hear that you are home too. Let me know if you need anything.
Katie, I had no doubt that your little one would be fiesty like Sienna. Like mother like daughters, that's for sure! She may have a long road ahead of her, but she has the best parents and big sis' in the world to help her through it, along with awesome grandparents and aunts and uncles too. I feel so much love for her even without knowing her name or seeing her, just know that we are praying for you guys and love you so much. I've been constantly thinkin of you and was so happy to see this post to see that things are progressing. Katie, you are awesome. You are an amazing mother! Okay, and now Bryan Adams song When You love Someone is playing on your playlist and I've turned into a "boooobaby!" so I better get a tissue. Just know I'm here for you always, love ya!
We're are so glad that you are home and the baby is doing good, under the circumstances. We'll keep praying for all of you. Don't worry about primary...we'll miss you, though. And...I need to return your book...I loved it!!!!
Post a Comment