CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tales Of The "Big Girl Bed"

Day and Night Part I:
Sienna took her first nap in her new bed the other day with no problems or tears. I was so proud of my big girl to transition with little effort from her crib to her bed. Tyler was a little nervous and apprehensive about having her sleep in it all night. I have to admit I was a bit weary too with all the sleep I get as it is right now. We pushed our worries aside and decided to bite the bullet. Tyler kept saying we should move her rails closer by her head, but I thought it should look exactly like the picture on the box. What the heck do I know? She was sleeping like a champ until her crying shrieks around 2 am. I go in to find my sweet baby (big) girl in a hand stand position nestled between her bed and night stand. See 2nd picture. It is funny to think of it now.


Crazy right? Needless to say, I had to forgo my pride and ask Tyler to move the bed rails up closer to her head. She went back to sleep after 2 hours of reading books, singing and laying with her in her bed. I was proud she decided to still sleep there.


Here she is with daddy in the morning like nothing happened.


Sorry so dark but her room gets sooooo bright during the day. Her bed is pretty much the only completed thing in her room still. I will post pictures of the whole thing when I get around to finishing it. I will say this, the night stand in the picture was purchased for a $1.00, and no I did not get it at a garage sale. I never get good bargains so I am a little excited about it. We had a family/friend coupon to buy one item and get the second item for $1. I know!




12 comments:

Kroeger Klan said...

Love the bed!!
That is great that she has made such an easy transition!!! Hopefully you will be able to rest easily for the next few months!!

Elisa said...

I'm so proud of you for braving the bed situation. Mia is probably going to be 4 and still in her crib because she loves it so much and I know she'll get right out of a bed! So for now, we have TWO cribs!

The Railsback's said...

so cute! To bad about her fall, she must be a crazy sleeper!

Heather said...

All kids fall out at some point. It was nice she got hers out of the way. Ty used to sleep between the wall and the bed. I love her bed it makes me excited for lily's someday. Adorable.

Leslie said...

Aw, that story was so cute and so sad she got stuck! It still happens to Sydney sometimes. I have caught her on the floor or laying in an odd position. She will get the hang of it. Sounds like she is doing awesome so far! Her bedding is WAY cute. I am just waiting for the day where we have the cash for me to re-do the girls bedroom. Sydney might freakout if I change her princess blanket but maybe I can fold it up and put it on the end of the bed! ;)

Brooke said...

I love the bed and the comforter, super cute! I think every kid has to fall out of their bed once or twice.

Anonymous said...

Your bedding and bed look great! Our is still in storage, and I'm sure will be for awhile now.

I had to giggle at Sienna doing a handstand in the middle of the night but I'm sure it was scary when it happened. :)

Josh and Tausha said...

The bedding is so cute! What deal on the nightstand!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny and i can't believe she was still in that position when you came in. That is our funny little peanut though. Love her bedding. Grandma can't wait until she gets to show me her new room. She is going to be a great big sister.

bevany said...

Such cute bedding! Sad that she fell off, but it's bound to happen every once in a while. Can't wait for more pictures of her room!

Aubry said...

How scary for her to fall out! I hope she is still liking her big girl bed after several nights now.

Anonymous said...

So proud of your not so little girl! She has been transitioning with everything so well. I love the picture of Tyler with her! Such a cute photo!