CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Blonde Moment


Many of you can probably (hopefully) relate to this one. We are all much aware of "day light savings time" right? Arizona is a lucky state and does not have to change at all and I miss that. Anyways- Tyler and I are leaving for church thinking to ourselves, "10:50, wow, we are early to church for once!" We even felt we had time to sit and chat with one of our friends before heading in and taking our seats. We even invited her to sit with us since her husband was not able to be there with her during the first hour. We walk in to the cultural hall (where we normally sit) ready to have plenty of seats for the picking and much to our surprise, church is already in progress and everybody looks at us with a grin. Tyler asked me out of the corner of his mouth if our time changed again, and I told him that I did not think so. We both just stared at the congregation completely dumbfounded until it dawned on the two of us about 30 seconds later. "ohhhhh yeah, that's right." We both started laughing and walked out. As we headed down the hall in our embarrassment we met up with Whitney again who was wondering why we invited her to sit with us. We all got a good laugh.


Sooooo instead of being 10 minutes early we were 50 minutes late, go figure!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

This has to be my favorite "blonde moment" of yours... When I got home from church I told Brandon who got a good laugh too!

I bet you'll never forget Daylight Savings again. :)

Annette's Best Kept Secrets said...

I think we all do that same thing once in our lifetime right?

Heather said...

Don't worry, we forgot too. I have never forgotten before, but I was up all night timing contractions and wasn't very lucid in the morning. Luckily though we have church in the afternoon and Randy was late for his morning meeting instead of us being late for church. oh well. we can be blonde sometimes!

Leslie said...

At least you got to "sleep in!" Ha! I remember waking up in Oklahoma and saying "Uh oh, what time is it??" It would always suck if you still had an hour to sleep because you were awake already. Daylight Savings is confusing! To top it off, we don't have it during general conference anymore to remind us!

bevany said...

You're totally not the only ones. We would have totally forgot if it weren't for our tv. The time on that changed so we noticed. Funny story though!

The Koon's said...

Ha ha..that is funny! Unfortunately, we didn't forget and went to ALL 3 hours of church!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you guys forgot with being an Arizona person, you have been in Utah how long??? Oh yeah I forgot your a blonde person now. Pretty funny though. You and tyler and our peanut can move to arizona and then that won't happen. See you soon.

Brooke said...

This time change has thrown me! Usually it's not a big deal, but I'm still not adjusted! Out church is at 1:00 and we still had quite a few that were late, don't worry, you weren't alone!

Erin Marriott said...

Hahahaha!! I am laughing as I type! That is pretty good...and it just sounds so funny the way you described it! We miss you guys so much, Tyler and Dan got to catch up tonight on the phone, I need to call you. I'm so excited to see you, I can't wait! I need to call Nikki.