CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Critics Corner


Hooray, Tyler and I actually saw a movie together! Can you tell it has been a while? For those of you who have not seen this movie yet, DO! It is so cute and TRUE that it is sad. I felt like I was whispering in Tyler's ear every five minutes, "that is so true" or "yes, we do do that." Of course it is dramatised a little but still...very true. I loved all the characters and the roles they play with the exception of maybe two characters but other than that it was great! So if you are looking for a fun date with your spouse or even your girlfriend, this is a great idea! Have fun!


On a different note, good books I have read lately are;


Jason F. Wright, "Wednesday Letters" (New York Times Bestseller)
Very good and uplifting. This book really inspired me to want to write letters to my husband every week, however; I don't think I would write about a HUGE family secret within the letters I know my children will read one day without telling them first. In some ways I understood why they kept it a secret, but their children found out about it in the letters anyways, and they really could not get the closure they needed without their parents being alive. Great journal idea though.



Jay Asher, "13 Reasons Why" (New York Times Bestseller)

ummmm....good but very sad. It is all about a girl who commits suicide and sends 13 tape cassettes to 13 different people who she felt all gave her a reason to end her life. let's just say it was interesting. It gives different insight into a world of depression and it opens your eyes to it if they were closed before. Makes you want to reach out to your friends and family members in different ways to let them know you love them.


Nicholas Sparks, "The Choice"

Great love story if you like that sort of thing. I loved the main guy Travis and if you read it I can assure you that you will too. [Warning] very sad and touching love story, hence Nicholas Sparks. However, this has been my favorite read of all the books listed.


Sorry for the overload but I have been very lazy with updating lately. Anyways I hope you received a few good ideas.





8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yaa! Thanks for the reviews! I will have to wait until that movie comes out on redbox...we don't go see movies either! And I'm way excited to read the Nicholas Sparks book! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are too funny! So glad that you and Ty went to see a fun movie, but really katie that one book sounds way too sad and kind of macabre. I will try the Wednesday letters though.

Heather said...

I want to see that movie a lot. I will have to wait till it is out on redbox just like whitney.

I read Wednesday letters and I think it is a 4 on a scale from 1 to 10. It was all right and worth reading but not my favorite book ever.

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to go see that movie, so thanks for the positive feedback!

bevany said...

I've been hesitant to see that movie. I can't stand that Bradley Cooper guy. Man, he is annoying. I LOVE Ben Affleck though. Thanks for the book suggestions. I need something good to read.

Leslie said...

I heard that movie sucked but I bet I will like it if you did. Bradley Cooper was on Alias and he is HOT! I love him. I guess different strokes for different folks.

katester said...

Leslie,
I think you will enjoy this movie as well. AND I like Bradly Cooper too. I have to agree he is pretty easy on the eyes, especially in this movie. BUT I have to say I was not fond of his character in the movie.

Erin Marriott said...

I LOVED reading the Wednesday Letters!! I brought that book with me to Mexico last year and read on the beach all week, and I loved it!! It totally made me want to write letters to Dan every week. What a neat idea. I'd love to read that Nicholas Sparks book, he's such a great author. I've also been wanting to see that movie, 'he's just not that into you'.