CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Grateful for Family

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving this year! We left for Arizona the Friday before Thanksgiving and spent glorious time with family. We relaxed, shopped, went out to dinner and prepared for the Thanksgiving feast. Most of my siblings are married now or getting really close so our family nearly doubled in size this year. Tara and Russ arrived Thanksgiving day in the early afternoon and Tadd and Kelly arrived right before the feast began. I am so grateful to be able to spend the holidays with family.
On Friday we played sand volleyball over at Phil and Brittny's house. We had so much fun busting loose and getting down and dirty. My team lost twice...probably because of me. ha! Later that evening all the siblings went to see Harry Potter. Thanks mom and dad for watching the girlies for me.
The rest of the weekend we relaxed while the boys golfed. It was a great week spent with family. Thanks again mom and dad for being so generous to my family while we were there. We love you all and miss you already!



Wednesday was devoted purely to baking pies. Pumpkin, Apple, Cherry, Banana Cream, and Pecan were on the menu. Brittny brought over her new Williams Senoma pie plates which made the pie decorating so fun. We even got a little creative with some of our pies and cut out some hand made shapes to add to the crust. After baking 8 pies, my pie crust shaping is developing and coming along.


my dad bought a much needed ping pong table just for the occasion. We are a ping pong family so we had fun getting competitive with each other. They also had fun throwing the football around.



Lounging around and enjoying the appetizers. Yum!


The Turkey...my baby. I had the task of cooking the turkey again this year. I decided to brine the turkey again, but I changed things up a bit and added fresh herbs. It turned out so delicious and moist if I do say so myself...toot toot!



The Turkey...before





Tara and Russ


Nick being awesome as always..


The chefs and partners in crime.


Sienna fell fast asleep after taking only a few bites of her feast. She was one tired little girl.

8 comments:

Kasey and Baron said...

Oh my goodness - those pies look amazing! Maybe instead of visiting teaching one month you can just give me pie-making lessons :)

Heather said...

your thanksgiving sounds awesome. No offense to my family, but I'm coming to yours next year! ;)
The pies look great. I have always cut out shapes to put on top of my pies. My sister got me some unique/awesome little cookie cutters for just such occasions. (It's easier and looks better than free-handing it.)
Happy Holidays!
oh, send me your address so I can send you a Christmas card this year!

Leslie said...

I always buy my crust. I tried making one a few years back and it looked awful. Maybe I'll get your recipe. I missed not seeing you this time. I'm sorry we were both so busy!! We definitely need to make up for it next time. It made me sad seeing pictures of your little ones because I didn't get to see them. Happy Holidays friend!

Aubry said...

Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving! The pies look awesome! How fun that the whole family could be together!

bevany said...

Looks like a great time! The pies are so cute. So funny Sienna fell asleep before eating. Funny girl!

Josh and Tausha said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Great job on the pie's!

Unknown said...

Mmmm..food looks yummy!I love your Christmas template. So cute!!!

Brooke said...

The turkey looks so yummy! I've always wanted to try brining ours one year. You'll have to give me some tips!