CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Much To Be Thankful For


My computer is being retarded and won't download any pictures from my memory card at the moment so I will have to post Thanksgiving pictures later. So I will update you all with news of little Zai Zai.
As you can see from the picture she has graduated from the incubator to the open crib. Once they start maintaining their body heat and reach a certain weight they graduate. She was maintaining her temp. before she actually hit the weight requirement but they transitioned her anyway. It is one thing we can mark off the checklist before going home. She is now 3lb. 6oz.! I know, so big right? She is doing better and better with her bottle feedings. She is able to "nipple" (bottle feed) whenever she is awake now. Once she takes off with it then we will start nursing. Her latest eye exam came back clear.
This last week our whole family was not feeling so hot so we were unable to visit Zaida at the hospital. It was so hard not being able to see and hold her everyday. I am thankful my mother in law lives close and was able to hold her and comfort her when I couldn't. Needless to say, I am thankful I am feeling much better and able to visit her.
We love you so much Zaida and are so thankful you have joined our family!

10 comments:

Josh and Tausha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh and Tausha said...

We're so glad to hear that Zaida is doing so well! We can't wait to meet her!

Leslie said...

I am also SO thankful you and little Z are healthy and doing well. She is gaining weight quickly! I hope she continues to grow and thrive. That was sad you didn't get to see her but your MIL was very nice to go in your place. She is a very loved little girl. Give Sienna a kiss for me!

Anonymous said...

Katie- We love to hear your updates and blog posts and are so happy that Zaida is growing so well and checking off things on her to-do-list!
Sorry you haven't been feeling well, let me know if you want to go to the treehouse museum sometime soon. We're always up for it!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome news Katie! She is doing so great, it won't be long before she's home with you all. I'm sorry you guys got sick, glad to hear you're feeling better! How was Thanksgiving? Hope you had a great holiday! Miss ya so much!

bevany said...

Wow, such good news for you guys! I'm glad things are going well. I can't wait to see more pictures!

Heather said...

We are thankful for our little ones as well. I like hearing your updates on Zaida and can't wait to hear of your Thanksgiving.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh Katie, she is doing so well!! I am so happy to hear that, and she is such a beautiful little thing! I'm sorry you guys were sick last week and couldn't visit her, I'm sure that was torture for you. Thank goodness Lynn lives so close. Love ya and I'll be calling you soon! I wanted to talk Christmas with you, and a possible trip up North.

Aubry said...

I'm so glad she has graduated to a crib! That would have been so sad to not be able to visit her last week, but I'm glad you are all better now and can see your sweet baby. Keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Oh she is getting big! Do you think you'll have her home soon?