CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy Birthday "2" Sienna!

We have hit the terrible two's! Our Little Sienna had her 2nd Birthday and I must say I believe it! She is growing like a weed and getting so tall. But the tallest thing about her right now is her personality and flare. She is turning into the funniest little girl ever and sassiest. I walked into Sienna's room the morning of her big day and sang Happy Birthday to her and she yelled out, "cake?" That's my girl! I love wrapping presents, not because I do fancy jobs or anything, but because I enjoy wrapping...period. I have learned with little kids, they aren't too thrilled when they look at boxes with pictures of what is inside. I was waiting for the hooping and hollering to begin when she opened her presents only to be given the, "hmmm???" response. I love my husband and he is pretty crafty, but it still took us several hours to put her little car together. It didn't help that Sienna kept crawling inside the unfinished product every chance she got. We finally got it together just in time for lunch and a nap. Ha! For Christmas her bigger present will be out, and ready to play with. To explain the vacuum, Sienna has a book her Grandma Sharon got for her last year and the only pages she wants to look at these days are the pages with the vacuums on them. Sienna opens the book and says, "vacuum?" we look at the vacuum and then her next question is, "other vacuum?" We go back and forth for what seems like hours. Plus she loves to watch me vacuum, so I thought she would love it. She does but she does not like turning it on, it scares her. She loves all the toys she got from mom and dad and all the clothes, books and money towards her 'big girl" bed she received from her Grandparents. Thanks everyone!

The stash from mom and dad.


Isn't the wrapping paper cute? All part of the fun.



I am training her for all the chores to come. Pretty smart eh?


Looking at the box with huge question marks in her eyes.

There is the smile I was waiting for. It took a few hours but we got it!


Our little 2 year old terror.





We took Sienna to the Tree house Museum and she finally enjoyed the whole thing. I have taken her before and if you pay close attention to our blog you will remember she loves the bridge shown below. The first time I took her I paid for her to go over it and over it again. The next time I took her she practiced her stair climbing skills (which did come in handy, she is brilliant when it comes to the stairs). This time she played and toured everything! She loved playing Nurse with all the babies. She is going to be such a great big sister!


They added a cowboy themed room and Sienna had a ball. She loved the bull the best.


The Birthday Cake! I really wanted to make her a cake this year since I bought it last year. I was so nervous all week to make it but I am proud of how it turned out. This is the cake mold Sienna picked out, Elmo was gone.





Licking the candles, one smart girl if I do say so myself.


Birthdays only come around once a year so I gave her the biggest piece and let her have at it. She impressed her Grandma for sure when she picked it up with her hands and shoveled it into her face until all that was left were crumbs. I have no idea where she gets her love for cake from???








Sienna,
Happy Birthday Boo Boo! These past few years you have become so much more than a daughter to me, you are my little buddy. I get lonely and forgetful when I don't have your companionship at the grocery store with me. I get so sad when I don't hear you shouting, "song" and "dance" in the car when your favorite song comes on or any song you can bust a move to. I love your shoulder shrug the best. I would just hate to dust, put the clothes in the dryer, or put the dishes away without your help. You love to help mommy with anything you can do. I would be a miserable mess without your smile and your contagious laugh to get me through the days. I guess I am grateful for the days you make me want to rip my hair out because they make the fun days that much more enjoyable. You amaze me everyday with all the new things you are learning and accomplishing. You are so smart and love to figure things out and then perfect them. Hopefully potty training will be so fun for you. So far no such luck. Your understand the concept, you just refuse to do the deed. Maybe you can explain this to me someday. It does crack me up how one of your favorite books is Everyone Poops. You like to call it the poop book and you love to ask for it all day, "poop book?"
You are such a sweetheart. You get so nervous and concerned at my doctor's appointments. If I have an "owie" you ask to kiss it all day whenever you see it. You love to play with your little baby. You rock her, feed her, burp her, and put her to bed and kiss her goodnight. You never forget to make sure she has her blanket when you put her "nigh night". I already know what a great older sister you are going to be to all your siblings to come. You love to make new friends. You always warm right up to any child who pays you any sort of attention. Hopefully you don't lose your sense of sharing anytime soon.
I hope you know now and forever how much your mom and dad love you. You have added so much happiness to our lives and we are so grateful to raise you. Happy Birthday baby girl!


12 comments:

Spaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leslie said...

That cake is super cute! I'm impressed. Did you buy the frosting tips?

Sydney would love that little car. Sienna was super tall when we saw you guys last. She is a sweet girl. We miss her. Happy Birthday Sienna!!

Joni said...

What a cute little girl! The cake turned out way cute! We also have a vacuum for Aydon and he still loves it! It has been one of the best things. I definately don't think it's bad to start them early with cleaning.

Brooke said...

Happy 2nd! The cake you made was so adorable! You'll have so much fun seeing her with a little sister, she'll be such a help ;)! I personally think that the terrible two's are way better than the terrigle three's, good luck!
PS- I LIVE for wrapping presents. It's one of the reasons I love christmas!

The Railsback's said...

What a cutie! Great job on the cake. Ok so now that things have all settled down well have to get together and let the little ones play!

bevany said...

My first thought when I saw the pictures was "Such cute wrapping paper!" I love it. Her cake turned out so cute, you did a great job. I'm with Brooke on the terrible two's...enjoy them because three is a whole new world. Happy birthday to Sienna!

Josh and Tausha said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Sienna! She is so cute and such a sweetheart! I can't wait for her and Abigail to really play together! You did a super cute job on her cake! I love the vaccum, you know how I love to clean!

Aubry said...

Happy Birthday to Sienna! She is such a cutie. I'm glad she enjoyed her day!

Elisa said...

Gotta love the two's! I swear Mia turned super sassy the day after her 2nd birthday and its never gone away! lol. The butterfly cake is super cute, good job.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my goodness, that letter had me in tears! That was precious, Katie. Sienna is such a doll, and I can't believe she's two already. I am SO IMPRESSED with the butterfly cake you made!!! You're amazing! I wish so bad we could have seen you this last trip, maybe next time. I need to call you!! I feel like life is finally calming down from our trip! It was fun catching up on your blog!! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I am agreeing with Bev and Brooke, I am getting ready to hit the threes in a few months and already now he is more of a handful then 9 months ago!! Darling birthday stuff, Love the cake! Happy Birthday Sienna!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Sienna, we love you!