Sienna completed and passed her swim lessons today! Tausha, our good friend and neighbor was so nice to invite us to her sister in law's "mommy and me swim class" this summer. Sienna and Abigail were the two drama queens of the bunch in the beginning, but to our utter surprise, they availed in the end. You can see how excited Sienna and Abigail are after completing their very first day two weeks ago. Ha! Sienna can now float on her tummy and her back. She can blow bubbles and dunk her head under the water without swallowing or gulping a bunch of water. Her favorite activities are kicking her feet, singing the songs and diving after her toys. Go Sienna, we are so proud of our beginner fish!
"BLONDE MOMENT"
Yesterday right before putting Sienna down for her nap I realized I could not find her pink blanket. And we all know how important her blanket is so I was searching the house high and low for it. I was on the phone with my sister earlier and let Sienna go outside in the backyard, so I thought maybe she took it out with her without me noticing it. I quickly ran outside and closed the patio door behind me so Sienna could not get out. I looked around only to realize it was not in the back yard either so I turned around to go back inside but the door was locked. "What the....?" Was all I could say because the door only locks on the inside of the house. I look down to see my mischievous ONE year old daughter on the other side laughing. Again I ask myself, "what the....?" Who knew a ONE year old could reach or even do such a thing? I have to say I was quite impressed at first only to realize my one year old was locked on the inside of my house ALONE. One can only ask themselves what my backyard neighbor thinks of me after witnessing me pleading to my toddler to unlock the door. "Come on Sienna, you can do it, just push it up and unlock the door." Nope, did not work. She only carries the skill to lock the door so I had to make the dreaded phone call to my husband who thankfully works five minutes away. My husband came to mine and Sienna's rescue. I learned one lesson yesterday so that's good, right?





5 comments:
I have been locked out too on a number of occasions. Tyler thinks it is hilarious until I actually do get inside and he is punished. you always need a backup plan and fortunately (your) Tyler was there for you
Well we survived swim lessons...and it was so much fun! I can't believe Sienna locked you out, that is so funny!
Oh my gosh, you're having a GIRL!!! Aaaahhhh!!! I'm so excited for you!! You will LOVE having two girls so close in age, it really is the best. I am so happy for you guys, Sienna will be such a cute big sister! Sounds like you guys had fun on your trip to Jackson Hole and all those fun places! How nice to be all alone with just the two of you, Happy Anniversary!!! And I was cracking up at your story with the locking of the door!! That little Sienna is a smart one!!! Miss you guys!
It seems like you have a lot of incidents with that pink blanket. So funny you got locked out. I love it! You're lucky Ty works so close!
Boy does that little girl have down attitude or what? That picture is hilarious. And yes being locked out is a mother's nightmare. I can just see you trying to get Sienna to open the door. Too funny.
Post a Comment