CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Anniversary In Jackson Hole and Yellowstone

Tyler and I celebrated our 7th Anniversary in Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. I had never been to either so I was not sure what I was in for but we had the best time ever! We can't say we conquered Yellowstone but we saw all the major sites there is to see there. I really have to thank my In Laws for watching Sienna while we were gone. It is a big task so thanks a million! It was my first time away from her for longer than 24 hours and I must say it was AWESOME!! I know that sounds bad but I have to be honest and say it was very much needed. We missed her tons and were so excited to see her when we came back but it was nice not being a mom for a few days.

Tyler, thank you for choosing me to be your wife. I love you so much and have a ball when I am with you. I hope you had as Happy an Anniversary as I did. Thanks for all the hard work you put in to planning our adventure, I sure had fun!

BAR J CHUCK WAGON
We had mixed emotions about this dinner/entertainment but I must say we loved it. The food and entertainment was great.

THE CONDO



YELLOWSTONE: LEWIS FALLS
As we drove up I was completely awestruck by all the beautiful scenery. It was rainy and cold our first day in Yellowstone but we had fun anyways.
YELLOWSTONE



OLD FAITHFUL

We made it just in time for Old Faithfuls eruption and the rain cleared. It was amazing!

HOT SPRINGS AND GEYSERS



Again I was completely in awe at the unique hot springs and geysers. The colors were fabulous, however; the sulphuric odors, not so much. We loved all the eruptions!

THE MUD POTS


JACKSON LAKE





LOWER FALLS IN THE GRAND CANYON OF YELLOWSTONE






I don't think I have ever seen a water fall that size before. I could not stop staring.


TOWER FALLS


YELLOWSTONE WILD LIFE


We got to see a mama bear and her two cubs. I tried to crop the picture but it did not save and I am too tired. Just click on it to see the little cubs by the rock. They are soooooo cute! The rangers told us the cubs were only 6 months old.


MAMMOTH HOT SPRINGS






We almost did not make the drive all the way up to Mammoth but I am glad we did. It is so unique to all the other hot springs.


GRAND TETONS


Both mornings when we were driving to Yellowstone and passing the Tetons, clouds covered their view and we could not get pictures. On our last day driving back late in the day these are the pictures Tyler snapped.


JACKSON HOLE












We spent our days in Yellowstone and nights in Jackson. We had so much fun dining at Bubbas and Mountain High Pizza Pie. Shopping is not our greatest skill so we had fun with Big Foot instead.

8 comments:

Heather said...

we made this trip last year. It is so much fun. Unfortunately we took the kids with us so it was hard too.

Josh and Tausha said...

Your trip looks so fun!

Brooke said...

What a fun trip! I laughed when you said you loved being away from the baby. I feel the same way! They are my life, but man I sure can use a break every once in awhile! I'm convinced it makes you a better mom when you have the chance to miss them!

Leslie said...

I am so jealous. First Tracy and Eric go to San Francisco without their kids and then YOU go on a trip too? Why am I the only one who never gets away! hehe. I love my kids too but lets face it, going places alone together with your spouse is so healthy for a marriage. You can't be Mommy all the time! You have to be YOU. Glad you had a blast. Sounds like the perfect getaway before baby #2 comes.

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at myself, I had no idea that you were out of town when I called to wish you a happy anniversary but from the looks and sounds of it, you had an awesome one! Jackson Lake was my favorite, and Jackson Hole, such a fun little place. Kinda reminds me of Park City but different at the same time because of the scenery but we had fun on our trip there a couple years ago. I'm so glad you guys were able to get away for a vacation alone, you are both very much in need of it and I'm glad you got the opportunity to go there since you've never ever been. Congrats on your anniversary, crazy how time flies. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So you said you thought the entertainment was only ok. What did you not like, just curious, because I have seen the Bar J Wranglers quite a few times, in Preston ID and in Jackson and I love them!!! Was it the food that was not good? I haven't been to the ranch in a while, so I was just curious because me and Nate are planning on going to Jackson for our anniversary this year too. So let me know, because I don't want to waste my money! Did you try the ice cream shop called, MOOs, the best ever!!! You guys look like you had a ball! Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great, looks like you had an awesome time. you and Ty need a little get away from time to time, so get am when you can. Now you will always remember your 7th anniversary.

bevany said...

Dang, you guys did a ton! It looks like a fun trip...but not too relaxing. Happy Anniversary to you guys!