CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 22, 2009

Trip to AZ

Sienna and I went to Arizona for a little over two weeks to visit my family and friends. I just want to say we had an awesome time and thanks to everyone, especially my family, for all the help they gave us during our stay. We love and miss you guys! Here are a few pictures of the fun things we did.


My mom knew how much Sienna has been wanting a bike these days so she decided to spoil her and get her one to play with while we were there. Can you tell she was excited?

When you are in the Arizona heat, swimming cannot be avoided. Who would want to anyway? Sienna took longer than I thought to warm up to the pool. She loved sticking her feet in the water and "hop hop" hopping on the middle step. She also loved her Hippo friend.



We were so lucky to see so much family while we were in town. Tadd and Kelly came to visit for the weekend. Sienna loved to say Tadd. Tadd loved to play with her by saying, "that's my name, don't wear it out." Sienna would just keep on saying it. Sienna always takes a few days to warm up to Nick for whatever reason but by the end of the trip she cried when she saw him leave. So sweet and sad.

Sienna just loves her Papa. Anytime she sees a man with grey hair she yells out Papa. We celebrated Father's Day the day before. Sienna made her Papa a cute card. We also got to see my older sister Tara. She came in on Friday to see us and then had a TV gig on Saturday. She did great.

I practically had to take Sienna to the park everyday. She loves the swing and saying "sly" (slide) but not really going down. It takes serious coaxing to get her to go down.


We went to the mall a few times while we were there. Sienna loved playing in the children's play area. She held her own when older toddlers hit her and knocked her over.


I saw my best friend from grade school and high school, Lisa and her two kids. We went out to lunch and then let the kids play around in the splash pad at Desert Ridge. Sienna was an absolute terror. I had to chase her down everywhere around the splash pad. We had fun anyways.




I don't have a picture of me and Leslie but we got together several times for swimming and lunch. Our girls loved to play together and talk to each other in their own language.


One day my mom and I took Sienna to the Railroad Park. Sienna had a blast on the train and riding the Carousel, (horsey). I had to rip her hands from the horse pole with her kicking and screaming. There were fun parks for her to play on while were there but it was so hot we didn't play long.




We really enjoyed every one's company. Going to movies, renting movies, eating out, playing games, and shopping are all things we enjoyed. Thanks again everyone!



7 comments:

Leslie said...

For the record, I tried to get a picture with you! haha. You just thought you looked bad but I thought you looked gorgeous anyway!

It was good to see you. I'm glad I get to see you more often now that I am back in Arizona. Our girls really did love playing together. I especially loved when Sienna said "Blah bliggity bleh bloo?" and Sydney goes "Yeah, I know."

Josh and Tausha said...

It sounds like you had a great time! The pictures are so cute!

Heather said...

Fun! I want to come along next time.

Anonymous said...

WOW, looks like a great trip! What fun things you guys did! Thank Heavens for grandmas, they love to spoil grandkids and we as parents love it! Love the bike!

Leah said...

Ya that race goes by wasatch back or ragnar relay, that's cool Tyler did it, did he have fun? Which leg did he run? It looks like you are super busy and having fun, Congrats on the little one on the way!

Erin Marriott said...

Sounds like you guys had such a blast!! How fun to see your family...lately I've been missing mine so much. I can't wait to come out to Utah. You look so great, by the way!! You are ONE HOT MAMA!!! Love ya girl. p.s. I need to call you back!!! I'm so sorry, and I got your message last night. I promise I'll call you.

Anonymous said...

Katie we had such a great time with you and Sienna. Oh my gosh you got some great pictures. Can't wait to see u again in July. And I must say Sienna is the cutest little girl ever.