I threw my very first baby shower with the help of my friend Valerie for my cute new neighbor
Tausha. Besides the Cops getting called out the shower was a success. I know, I know, you are probably wondering what kind of
shenanigans I was up to during a baby shower to get the cops called out on me so I will explain in one word, Toby. Toby is my
lovable dog who loves to bark and thinks he is the center of
every one's universe. For this reason, I thought it best to put him outside for the duration of the shower. The shower started at 7pm and a little after 8 my neighbor, whom I have never met before, came over and chewed me out for Toby's constant barking for the last hour. She must not have noticed the pink balloons and cars parked out front because she was so confused as to why he was outside. She informed me the cops were on their way (which was so nice of her to give me a heads up first). The policeman showed up and took down my information which made me feel like such a criminal.
For the record, I am a good mommy to my dog Toby. He is never left outside barking and when he does bark I bring him inside. The night of the shower was a special occasion and I thought it was best for my guests if he was left outside. I actually arranged for Tyler to take him with him to his parents but declined. So really this is all his fault.
Hehe. I totally understand why she was frustrated and annoyed but it was not even 9pm! He was barking for less than an hour and I got the cops called out on me. Personally, I think they have bigger fish to fry than a barking dog. To my appreciation, the police officer was very courteous and apologetic. I still felt like a criminal.

We had yummy treats, peanut butter balls, frosted
pumpkin cake, and chocolate chip pumpkin bread.

this is the mommy to be. Congratulations
Tausha!
13 comments:
That is a great story. that sucks that she called the cops before she even talked to you about the problem. weird. cute shower invitations by the way. Is everyone having a girl right now? I know 6 people expecting girls and seven who are pregnant but don't know what they are having yet. crazy
I can't believe that!! I'm sad I missed all the drama! :) You did a great job throwing the shower!
Wow that's crazy. Your shower turned out really cute. Congrats to Tausha!
Sorry about the dog issue! Maybe Ty learned his lesson! Ha! Looks like a real cute shower!
I figured the first time you'd get busted by the cops would be for streaking naked all over town, not your yappy dog! You have put us to shame friend...
Also, is that your address on that cute invitation you made? Might want to remove that from the internet.
You can throw me a babyshower anytime just for fun. It would be a fabulous party. I would even throw in some streakin' for entertainment purposes.
Ok, those invites turned out so cute. I'm glad I could go help you pick out the materials. I just have to say that you have helped me somewhat score brownie points with Brandon, those dinner recipes turned out so yummy. Thanks for helping me out and being such a good friend, love ya!
Hey Katie, I just found your blog- so cute! It's good to see you!
I can't believe I missed out on all the fun...that's what I get for leaving early. And I really can't believe they called the cops. Our neighbors dog barks all the time later than that and I would never call the cops. Some people!!!
You did such a cute job on my shower...I really appreciate it. I still can't believe she called the cops.
Oh my gosh. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Who calls the cops for a barking dog???!! She must not be a very friendly neighbor.
That was such a cute shower. You guys did a great job with the treats! Too bad about that mean lady.
Our dog is a barker when compnay is here. He gets locked in our room and usually stops in a few minutes. But our troublesome neighbors have had dogs that are outside 24/7 and bark the entire time. After asking them politely to do something about it, our other neighbor tried to get some authorities out here. But we had no luck. I can't believe the cops came for one small, (few minutes really) time of Toby barking. I think your neighbor was way out of line! I'm with you on this one
Oh my gosh, that neighbor!! Are you serious?!! Katie, I would have been so annoyed at her!! It sounds like you handled it really well, I mean, really? An hour of barking is nothing! And besides, how loud could little Toby have been? I'm shocked she called the cops on you!! Good job on the shower, it looks darling!
Post a Comment