The weekend before the 4th of July, our city put on a little carnival. Its one of those activities the kids enjoy...and the parents walk around sweating to death waiting for all the kiddie rides to end. The girls really did have a ball and it was fun watching them.
In the morning we all met up at the city's parade. It was great to see Joe and Jen and their cute family since we don't get to see them very often. Growing up in Arizona, where you would rather sit on a cactus than sit through a parade in 115+ degree weather, we never went. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind supporting the city's parade but honestly it is pretty boring these days. What happened to all the exciting floats? The girls had fun and that's what counts. Man I sound like a Debbie Downer...
I guess the jets flying over were too loud. Sissy girls...Ha!
Ellie and Zaida
Fun group of cousins!
Oh my goodness! Zaida LOVED every second of the fireworks! She was clapping, whooping and hollering at every firework. The firework show we go to is pretty amazing if I do say so myself. The whole thing is like the finale.
There is nothing better than laying under beautiful fireworks, surrounded by your loved ones listening to Neil Diamond baby! I love this country we live in and am so proud to be an American! I am so grateful to those who make such extraordinary sacrifices for my benefit. I am thankful to their loving supportive families who also sacrifice day by day.





No comments:
Post a Comment