CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2012

First Major Project

Everywhere we have lived we have always had light cabinets and this buffet table went great. Our new house has dark cabinets and it clashed so bad. It was a major eye sore! I can be crafty if someone lays out the instructions, otherwise I just buy it. Ha! Not this time! I researched online and found the painting technique I wanted and tackled it with my neighbor Lesley. We had laughing fits late at night while working on it. It was so fun! I love how it turned out! It in no way is perfect by any means but that is fine with me cause it is a happy reminder that I did it! ME!! Yay!

Before pictures


After


After painting it we glazed it to bring out the details and match my black furniture. So fun! I still need to spray the gold hardware.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

6 comments:

mamab said...

looks great,

Love the pictures

Leslie said...

I actually think if you left the gold it would look fine but i'm just seeing a picture. I am super impressed!! It looks great! I love that you chose red. I redid a kitchen table once and it was a TON of work so I salute you friend!

Aubry said...

It turned out great! And I just looked through your earlier posts about Easter and Brittny's visit. The girls are adorable in their dresses. I can't believe how grown up Sienna is looking. Will she be in kindergarten in the fall or will she wait a year?

Heather said...

I love it!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Katie and Lesley! Awesome! When I need to do a project like this, I definitely know who to call!

Anonymous said...

SO impressive! It looks amazing. You'll have to teach me how, I'd love to refinish a few things!