Sienna has been giving me lessons on humility lately. After these little conversations I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry. Ha!
Sienna: mom, is it Mother's Day?
Me: yes, it's on Sunday.
Sienna: what to we do on Mother's day?
Me: we try to make our mommy's feel loved and special. We tell them thank you for being such a good mom.
Sienna: mom, you could be better. You just need to try.
Me: your right sienna. I can always do better. (tear) ha!
A different day...
As I'm putting on my 5 minute make-up for the day (bronzer and mascara) sienna says to me..
Sienna: mom, you don't have very much make up on.
Me: I know. But it's enough.
Sienna: no it's not! You need more!
Me: I do?
Sienna: yes! More make up, the cuter you are!
Me: that's not necessarily true. Less is better sometimes.
Sienna: no it's not mom! More is always better!
As we are heading out for the day she tells me my shoes are all wrong. Ha! Wow! Does she have a subscription to InStyle magazine I should know about? Is this the age it begins where kids become embarrassed by their parents?
You gotta love this innocent stage where they are so honest. My ego is a little bruised but I must say I got a good laugh out of it. Hope you did too;-)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Family Weekend
7 years ago





4 comments:
That is so funny, you need to tell her that being honest is always good, but hurts people's feelings sometimes. She reminds me of us when we were young. I miss her and zaida.
She's funny! You've gotta love this stage. I've had my feelings hurt a few times by Shalie too...apparently Travis cooks much better food than I do :)
She cracks me up! Love that Sienna girl. Sydney asked me the other day when my tummy wouldn't look pregnant anymore. Gotta love this age!
So cute!! Did you get my text about our house warming party? It's this Friday from 6-8pm. We would love for you guys to come if you aren't busy. We're asking for NO gifts just your company! We'll have refreshments. Should be fun!!
Post a Comment