CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh So Sneaky!


I asked for this cook book along with a food processor for Christmas this year. I have been having the most fun being so sneaky. Sienna WILL NOT have anything to do with vegetables. I cannot bribe her enough with the most enticing treats to get her to eat ONE bite of her vegetables. I heard about this trick along with this book a while ago but really found the need as of recently when Sienna started refusing her vegetables all together. I cannot recommend this book enough. Jessica shows you how to prepare and how to make homemade purees. Her recipes are pretty darn good too. My favorites so far have been her scrambled eggs with cauliflower, and her banana pudding pie with squash and cantaloupe. mmmm...YUM! I will be purchasing her newest cookbook, Double Delicious very soon. I LOVE being so sneaky! I add different purees to just about everything now and I feel so much better about what my family is eating.

8 comments:

Heather said...

YES! I used to put carrot puree into the kids macaroni and cheese. Now, they eat carrots anyway so I don't have to. Also, the spinach in brownies and of course you can put cauliflower in most anything.
Good luck with the sneakiness and let us know what works for you.

Kasey and Baron said...

Mason got his hands on the bag of brownies you made us before I could even offer him some. I was doing dishes and heard some dramatic "Mmmm"s behind me. I turned around and he was shoving brownies in his mouth with both hands. I definitely need to get that book!

Leslie said...

Have you heard the arguments against this cook book? SOme people say that it is bad to be sneaky because you want your children to LOVE veggies and sometimes they have to learn to love them. I say, whatever. I have this book too and the apple/carrot muffins are delicious. Savannah HATES veggies. You can still sneak them and still offer them occasionally. That way they are getting veggies and still being offered veggies. I don't think anyone will solely cook from this and not ever make raw vegetables. You know?

I do need to try my hand at some more of the recipes. I've only made a few but they are all really good! I also sneak spinach into omelets and my girls will eat it because there's so much cheese they don't care. Ha!

katester said...

Leslie, still offering your children good healthy foods even though they won't eat them is just common sense. Parents have been going through this for ages. It is just great that someone was smart enough to come up with the sneaky purees to help us struggling moms who want their children to benefit from healthy foods. Besides the sneaky purees she adds to all her recipes, all of her recipes are healthy and beneficial and recommended by Joy Bauer.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my goodness, I haven't been on here in soooo long!! I had to keep scrolling back to older posts, you guys have been busy! I had fun catching up on here, and seeing what you've been up to! I can't believe how big your girls are getting, and can't believe Sienna is a Sunbeam! I'm going to have to get this cookbook, it sounds really great. Alli is going through that right now, which is weird, because Lillie loved all veggies, and still does. I guess different kids come with different personalities :) Oh, and I am just the worst friend ever. I thought of you on your birthday, and even had my cell phone nearby so I could give you a quick birthday phone call, then we started our Christmas party, and then I just simply forgot to call you after that. I'm the worst friend. But I do have a card for you, it's been sitting on my counter for over a week now! Maybe one of these days I will get it together! Having 3 now is definitely busy, lol! I need to call you and catch up. I miss you girl! And by the way, you look amazing!! I loved your Christmas card. Love you girl.

Dan said...

You go girl.....

Erin Marriott said...

p.s. Okay so Dan is totally commenting you right now :) He has his ipad out next to me in the bed, and he pulled up your blog, lol!! I think he misses Ty. Maybe someday when life calms down we can take a Marriott/Berrett trip. It's gonna happen.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha, so funny! Love this post! By the way, Love your little Sunbeams dress!