CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 26, 2010

8 Years and Counting!

Tyler and I got away for a few precious hours to spend our anniversary at the Timbermine, one of our favorites. It was so nice to talk and eat without shoveling it in our mouths so we could tend our girls. Thanks babe for a great night! Thanks Lynn and Marlon for watching our girls.



I feel like I was just blogging on our 7 year anniversary in Jackson Hole and Yellowstone. It reminds me of a country song I love called "Don't Blink". It starts out with an old man turning 101 being asked about his life and he explains that it may seem like a long time but it goes faster than you think. It is so true! You know it goes by fast when you can remember the little things. I can remember the first time I laid eyes on Tyler, what he was wearing, where we were and the expression on his face. I remember our first date and all the little cute encounters we had leading up to our date. I remember our first kiss and how cute and cheesy it was that you asked me first because you were so nervous. I remember the night you proposed to me and how serious you became when you asked me. I remember meeting you in the temple the day we were sealed for time and all eternity. I remember the look on your face when I told you I was pregnant with Sienna and how I had to grab the steering wheel because you forgot you were driving. I remember the look of love and worry on your face after I gave birth to Sienna and my health was still in jeopardy. I remember the helpless sound of your voice when I told you I was heading to the hospital, pregnant with Zaida, and you were in France. I remember how fast you made it home to me before she was born. I remember all the good times and the bad. We have had a rocky year filled with miracles. I am thankful to have such a loving husband by my side through all the rough, tough and beautiful. Happy Anniversary babe! I hope we don't "blink".

8 comments:

Heather said...

Cutest
post
ever.
Happy Anniversary.

Aubry said...

Happy 8 Year Anniversary! I often stop and think about how fast time is going...it's crazy! (I like that song too). I'm glad Tyler makes you so happy and is a great daddy to your girls!

Leslie said...

Happy Anniversary! I hope you had a good time. I miss you friend. I enjoyed all of your other posts too. The wedding looked beautiful and like it was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Katie and Tyler! I can't believe we both just celebrated our 8 year anniversaries- time flies by so so fast! I totally relate to remembering the little things. You guys are such a great couple and great parents to your beautiful girls. Hope you had an awesome dinner - love you both!

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys had a fantastic Anniversary! Congrats on eight years!

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, Katie that was so sweet! You and Tyler are such a great couple, we love you guys so much!! And I love what you said about going through all the 'rough, tough, and beautiful' together. Isn't that so true??! Happy Anniversary!! 8 years!! Can't believe it! I remember when we first met you I think you had only been married less than a year, right?! We were all just a bunch of newlyweds. Crazy. Sounds like you guys have been busy, weddings, etc. Love all the pictures! Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! We are coming up on 5 years. Time really does go by way too fast.

bevany said...

Happy Anniversary! I totally remember when you guys were dating and being at your reception. You guys are a great couple!