Here is her success chart of stickers! I wish I could move this picture to the bottom but for some reason it no longer lets me move my pictures around. Ugh!
Wow, she finally did it! Sienna is now going pee pee in the potty. She is telling me when she needs to go potty too. I couldn't be more proud of her and how far she has come. My mom could call herself the "potty whisperer" for having all 4 of her children potty trained by 18 months. Crazy??? I know, but she did it. She told me to start sitting Sienna on the potty everyday when she is able to sit up on her own. I was not as consistent as my mom would have liked me to have been but I did it almost every other day. Call me crazy, I know. 18 months came and went quicker than I prepared for and Sienna was no where close to being potty trained. Dang you diaper company for making my life so convenient these last few years! When we found out I was pregnant, I became determined to have her trained before the baby came. I started putting Sienna in training underwear or as Sienna likes to call them, "uerwear" and began the grueling process. Sienna resisted as hard as she could. She refused to go on the potty EVER! She would go as far as holding her pee pee in for hours and hours. I was afraid she was going to get an infection from this. Alas, I was very VERY discouraged. However, I think I am a little more stubborn and determined than Sienna is. I told myself to be patient with her and if she resisted the potty I would take her off and try again in 10-15 minutes if I knew she needed to go. Finally my prayers were answered and she finally gave up the pee and tinkled a little bit in the potty, (and in the bathtub). The next day I sat her down to go potty and she quickly went. She is now going just fine with little to no accidents during the day. Most of her accidents have been RUNNY poop. YUCK! I have been trying to get her more comfortable with the whole pooping on the potty thing with no such luck. She has pooped a few times but I think they were complete flukes. So if anyone has any suggestions for getting a stubborn child to poop on the potty, please PLEASE let me know. I would be so grateful.
Here she is in her moment of glory!





9 comments:
I didn't even attempt potty training either one of my girls until they were the ones asking to do it. Both were just about 2 and a half. And yes, the pooping on the potty was the biggest issue, more so with Macklie. She was a champ from day one about peeing, but she would not go poop. She would wait until I put her in a pullup at night or she would go first thing in the morning before I got her into underwear. After about two weeks, one morning when she went in her pullup and asked me to change her, I told her no. I made her stay in a dirty pullup for a couple hours. (this was very hard on me too!) After she had asked me a thousand times to change her, I told her that is why we use the potty. After that, it never happened again! Addi wasn't nearly as hard, I think the big sister thing helped! Good luck, there is nothing better than passing the diaper isle, and not stopping to buy anything!!! At least for a few months.
Wow! I am impressed she is doing great! The pooping thing by the way, very very normal!!! No big deal, it will happen! I am trying to potty train Lucas right now, he is a bit harder than Carter was. We have the potty chart too, it worked for Carter but for some reason, Lucas really does not care about it, frustrating! Infact, as of tomorrow I told him I am throwing the diapers away. Cold turkey, I think is going to be the key to our success! Congrats, to you both, it is so nice to have a little one potty trained!!!
so cute, she will do the poop thing soon just you wait and see. Sienna is so smart.
I hate potty training. I had Mia totally done and once Beckham was born she totally went back into diapers. It sucked! Good luck...I wish I had good advice. It looks like she's doing awesome so far!
Um, I thought I had commented ages ago. Where is my mind going??? Maybe I commented in my head and forgot to add it here on the actual blog?? Haha.
Anyway, I am glad you mentioned all of this on your blog because 1) YAY SIENNA!!!! and 2) You have a HUGE support system of people now telling you it is normal to withold poop.
Sydney was terrified of pooping on the potty. She would scream and say her bottom hurt. Eventually, and I know some might find this harsh, I had to hose her down in the shower with cold water every time she pooped her pants. I told her that it was yucky to poop your pants so we had to shower to clean ourselves. (She is terrified of showers.) It worked within a day! So, every child is different. What sucks about potty training is that it really is trial and error. YOu just have to find what works.
But you are doing an AWESOME job. Sienna is so little that I am very impressed she is doing so well! Keep it up!
Hey Pregers!We will be in UT all week for the FSU vs BYU game. I would LOVE to have the kids mee up and play while we visit!
Congrats on the potty training! I'm so glad it has happened for you before baby comes along.
You are so creative, I love it. You are such a great mom. Hope you're having a great week!
Oh, I love this girl!! Look how precious she looks on her potty!! She is doing so good! And you, being pregnant and ATTEMPTING it...you get the award, girl. I am so impressed!! She'll get the poop thing down. It just takes a little bit. I did the timer thing with Lillie, set it for every 15 min. and let her be in her panties with a sipper cup of water, so she would end up going every 15 min. It took two days. And it honestly took having the pee run down her legs so she could feel that sensation, and then she never had an accident after that. The poop thing, I have no advice because she would tell me and we would run to the potty! Good luck!
Post a Comment