This cute book was recommended to me by Leslie and it was very cute and interesting. I must admit it was not a real page turner for me but I am excited to read it to my girls when they are older.
This book is the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy. If you follow my blog at all you will remember how much I LOVED Hunger Games. It is seriously the best series since Twilight in my opinion. If you love exciting page turners then you will love these two books. Catching Fire definitely competes with Hunger Games. Tons of action, twists and turns, and of course a little love triangle. Now I have to wait until the next book comes out. Ugh! I talked Tyler into reading the Hunger Games and he really enjoyed it and can't wait to start Catching Fire.

When I saw the trailer for the movie, I had to read the book first because it struck my fancy. I have yet to see the movie to compare it to the book, but I must say it fell a little short for me. I was always having to go back and remind myself of the time period and ages I was reading. I liked the story line and it kept me interested for sure to see what happened, but it was a slow read for me. It had some language all through out and some very graphic love scenes. At times I felt like I was reading a dirty romance novel. I don't mind the romance but it was more crude and less romantic for a "romantic love story". I did NOT like the ending, in fact, hated the ending. Just my opinion.








7 comments:
I'm in the middle of Cathing Fire right now and loving it. Princes Academy was ok...have you read any other of Shannon Hale's books? I think you'd like the Actor and the Housewife. I decided not to read time traveler's wife because of the language. I get so sick of reading books with the F word over and over. You need to get on goodreads.com and be friends with me. It's fun comparing books! Love your critic's corner!
are you on goodreads? I love to see what people are reading on there. go to www.goodreads.com and sign up to be my friend. I love that it keeps track of the books I have read and the books I want to read.
I LOVED Hunger Games and Catching Fire. They were the best page turners i've read in awhile!! Princess Academy was a fun little read too. Personally, I HATED most of Actor and a Housewife. It just wasn't believable to me. I have some great recommendations for you if you ever need something great!
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE Hunger Games and Catching Fire! Can't wait for the next!
Ha ha ha...I hated the Actor and the Housewife, too. But with most of the books you read I figured you would like it. Now you have to read it so we can see what you think.
I think it is funny how people are mentioning goodreads. I just told you about that! You really should join. It's fun.
I feel the same way you did about The Time Travelers Wife. I did not mind the language (I know, I'm horrible) but what annoyed me was what you said. It was so crude how they talked to each other. I maybe thought it was just me who was a prude but talking to other friends they thought it was gross too! LDS or not! It wasn't romantic or sweet at all when they were talking about their nether regions in such a gross way. It was a love story, not a porno!
Anyway, I liked it. I didn't think it was slow because I always felt like I wanted to know what was coming up next or how they were going to solve a situation. Anyway, Catching Fire was awesome too. I love Katie's critics corners!!!!
P.S. Sydney keeps walking up and saying you are me in your picture and that Sienna is her. Haha.
I am almost done with Catching Fire. It is really good, but I am sadden by some of it.
Post a Comment