CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

10 Year Anniversary in Hawaii

Tyler and I celebrated our big 10 year anniversary in Oahu Hawaii.  My parents were awesome and volunteered to come and stay with the girls so we could go by ourselves.  Thank you mom and dad!! you are the best!!
We stayed in a hotel right on the beach in Waikiki.  We loved the night life there.  We would go out to eat and then walk the streets and shop. 

Our first night in Waikiki


This was the view from our hotel room.  It would be raining in the mountains and sunshine on the beach.  Heaven! Sienna would have loved seeing the rainbow!




Here is another view from our hotel.


beaching it up on Waikiki!

Tyler and I had a scenic day where we drove up the coast line to the Northshore.  These are the cliffs off of a popular "local" beach called Sandy Beach.


This is the blow hole.  It was pretty cool.



One night while walking the shops in Waikiki we ran into some really cool locals who told us about some hiking "hot spots".  We just had to try them out.  The first one we tried was called Kokohead.  It is basically railroad ties that lead straight up the mountain to the very top.  If you look closely you can see the steps.  It was a beautiful scenic hike of the ocean.  I was pretty terrified through some spots where there was a 20 ft. drop directly underneath the railroad ties because it wasn't connected to the mountain.  Not to mention it was pretty exhausting!  Major stair climber!


You can see in this picture how the railroad ties go straight up, however; this picture doesn't do this hike justice.






Here we are at the top of Kokohead mountain!  These views were gorgeous!!







After hiking Kokohead we went to Sandy Beach.  Sandy Beach is known for awesome body surfing and boogy boarding.  The waves are pretty powerful so most people go in with flippers to avoid getting caught in the under toe.  Ty got in and I watched.  It was really fun and relaxing just watching people surf.


Eating at Cheesecake Factory


My pictures are all out of order and I really don't feel like fixing it. Here are more pictures from our scenic day.  The drive was beautiful.  We loved exploring!


We tried coconut juice and didn't care for it much...ha! We bought some fresh pineapple too which was amazing!


My favorite flower!!  I had to get a picture of it.


We visited the Laie temple and BYU.



Mine and Tyler's favorite day is the day we hiked to Manoa Falls.  It was raining, wet and muddy!  We loved it every second!  We were like giddy school girls hiking to the falls.


Tyler snapped this picture because there was a random Lifetime shed in the beginning of our hike.



You can just barely make out the waterfall in the background.


I have to say I was pretty surprised by how tall it really was.  It was beautiful!  The whole hike was amazing!  I could have hiked it 50 times and loved every minute!





After hiking Manoa Falls we went to Waikiki Beach for the rest of the afternoon.  We rented paddle boards and paddle surfed for the first time.  We went out really far, much farther than we thought and it was pretty freaky trying to get back. ha!





We decided to try a Luau that was featured on Diners Drive-Ins and Dives.  The pork was very tasty...the rest of the food was ok. ha!  I guess Luaus are mostly for ambiance.  We had fun!



Our last day we went to another restaurant featured on the triple D called Rainbow Drive In.  Diners Drive-Ins and Dives is my secret addiction.  Anyways, it was actually really yummy.  From there we went to Pearl Harbor since it is so close to the airport.  It was so interesting reading all the history.


I am so grateful we were able to go on this amazing trip and spend some quality time together.  It truly was an amazing anniversary.  I can't believe we have been married 10 years already!  I am sure I will be saying the same thing in another 10 years.  I love my life with you Ty!  I wouldn't change a single thing!  I love you!

We of course bought our girls the classic hula skirts with the coconut bras.  They were so cute doing their hula dancing!

6 comments:

Heather said...

so so jealous! Mostly because you got to see Tyler "giddy as a school girl" hiking to the falls.

Our ten year anniversary we had to take along a nursing little party pooper. But it was still fun! Congrats to you guys on TEN years together. It seems like yesterday...

Leslie said...

Katie you look amazing! I am jealous of not only your hot bod but your amazing trip!

Aubry said...

How fun! That's awesome that you guys got to go. I'm jealous!

Leslie said...

Forgot to tell you the other day that we were cracking up at those coconut bras. So cute!

Unknown said...

First of all, Congrats on 10 years! Second, you look AMAZING! I need my workout partner back to kick my butt! Seriously Katie, lookin fab! Third, you're gils are so adorable and GROWN UP! Fourth...miss you!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I'm now just looking at your Hawaii pictures but it looks AMAZING!! And like everyone else has said, you look absolutely amazing too Katie! So glad you guys had the chance to go on this trip - the girls look absolutely adorable! You and Tyler are the perfect couple - love all the pictures of you two!!!