CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trip to Arizona

It is a little late but it is very overwhelming to post. I am finally getting it done. Our trip to Arizona was over the whole month of May. Tyler went to California with us for Tara's wedding and then to Arizona for a week. Me and the girls stayed longer because Tyler was going to be out of town on business and I would rather stay with family then go back to an empty house. We had so much fun being with family and catching up with long time friends. I will warn you, there is definite picture overload to come.
I had to start our trip off with this picture mainly because of her face and the bib. It reads, "What happens at grandmas stays at grandmas".
Mother's Day
This is an old photo but I love it!


This year for Mother's Day I was able to spend it with my mom while in Arizona. We were both spoiled by my dad with beautiful flowers. Tyler and my dad cooked a yummy breakfast so my mom and I could sleep in.

I love being a mom! I am so grateful for my children and the opportunity to raise them. I love my mom! She has been so supportive of me this last year. My poor mom struggled with her own health while helping me when Zaida was in the NICU. She always showers me with her unconditional love and I pray my children know my love for them some day.





Zaida and my dad hit it off durning our stay. They were like peas and carrots.


baking a yummy family recipe cake...wacky cake. YUM!



Reading to the girls every night. Sienna found a new favorite book while we were there. "Bears Vacation" which just happens to be one of my old books.




Pool Time


The number one thing Sienna wanted to play with in the pool before we went to AZ was her hippo. She remembered it from last year. They were reunited.


Don't ask me why this picture flipped???

I was a mean mom. Sienna would not get in so I threw her to Papa Kirk without her consent. She was holding on to him for dear life.


Cute Little Friends
One day I went and picked up Sydney, my friend Leslie's daughter, for a play date. Leslie looks after little kids at her house during the week so I decided to relieve her of one child. I took her and Sienna to the park, we went swimming and had lunch by the pool. I love when these two girls get together because they are so cute. Sydney is 9 months older than Sienna so it is fun to listen to their little conversation.

Build-A-Bear

One of the things I wanted to do with Sienna while we were in Arizona was take her to Build-A-Bear. She picked a monkey, stuffed her with fluff, gave her a heart, washed and combed her, picked out an outfit and gave her a birth certificate. She loved every minute of it. She named her Jane. What I did not expect was Sienna walking Jane all over Fashion Square (a very ritzy mall in Scottsdale) in the stroller my mom bought at Build-A-Bear. It gets worse...I had to walk an empty stroller around the mall. It still gets worse...I had to keep apologizing to all the people Sienna bumped into with her stroller because she wasn't watching where she was going. Did I mention this is a ritzy mall??? I wish I got a picture of it, but I was too mortified to get out my camera.

Water Fight
My mom started it...

I finished it! That's all I have to say about that.

The warriors and their weapons.


Play-date with the Gang




We couldn't get the whole gang together but this is pretty close. We either went to elementary school through high school together or were in the same ward together. Anyways, lots of history with this group. I had so much fun catching up with these girls and their daughters. Yes, we all have girls...and one boy from Jeanene. We met at Fashion Square Mall for lunch and playtime for the kids. It is the cutest mall play zone I have ever seen. It is a bunch of little houses and tree houses, so cute. We had a ball.

Splash Pad Fun


We had lunch with my mom and dad at Desert Ridge and let Sienna play in the splash pad there. She is always nervous at first and then she breaks out of her shell and goes nuts. She had a great time.


One day we met up with my good friend Leslie and her sister Tracy to let our kids splash around at a splash pad park and have a picnic. It was so fun catching up with Leslie and Tracy and letting our kids play together. It is so crazy since we grew up together and were once kids ourselves, and now we are watching our kids play together. Anyways we all had a ball cooling off at the splash pad.






Sea Life Aquatic Center

This was Zaida's face through the entire exhibit. She loved it!

This sting ray kept passing by us, it was hilarious. Sienna and Grandma Sharon had so much fun talking to it.

Gotta love Sienna's face!


Admiring all the pretty colors.


Hands on section. My favorite was letting the cleaning shrimp clean my hand. I must have had really dirty hands because 4 or 5 cleaner shrimp were cleaning away on my hand. It totally reminded me of Jaque on Finding Nemo and how he constantly cleans the tank and all the fish. It was the weirdest sensation. I could not get Sienna to stick her hand in there. However, she did touch the starfish.


Eels and the Octopus.




It was an awesome exhibit mainly because you had sea life all around you to look at. We all loved it!

9 comments:

Aubry said...

You guys were busy while you were here! It was great to see you! We still haven't visited the aquarium, but we definitely will sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had so much fun. You took some great pictures,I love the ones of you and your mom. Your girls are getting big and changing so much... I need to see them!

Josh and Tausha said...

How fun! I love all the pictures!

bevany said...

Wow, lots of pictures! They're all so cute. The girls are getting so big...I love Sienna's hair in a pony tail. It's so cute!!! Are you guys home now? We should all try to get together for a summer party!

Anonymous said...

Love looking at all the pictures we took while you and the girls were here, We had so much fun can't wait to see you all again. Wedding fun still to come. Love you all so much.

Jenn Whitesides said...

It looks like you guys had a ball! I liked your mom immediately after seeing her soaked from a waterfight! It was so fun to see you guys over the 4th of July week and catching up. Maybe Alejandro will be fuent the next time we see you guys!

Leslie said...

I miss you already friend! It was so fun to see you. I am glad our girls get to play when you come. Hopefully they can be as good of friends as we are. And I don't think my posing made my arms look any smaller. Damn those Neff arms I've inherited! :)

Erin Marriott said...

Oh my goodness girlfriend!! I LOVED reading about everything, and seeing all your adorable pictures!! You guys have been busy! How nice to be able to spend all that time with your family! I miss my family so much right now!! It's so hard living so far away sometimes. I just love your mom!! She looks so guilty in those water fight pictures, lol! She is hilarious! And Zaida is getting so big! She is just adorable. I so wish we could get together with our kids!! I think my girls would love to play with Sienna! She's getting so grown up. I need to call you soon. Miss you so much!Love you girl.

Heather said...

Wow! That is quite the trip. So fun.