CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 2, 2010

We Believe in Miracles!

So much has happened in the last few weeks. We celebrated my birthday right before Christmas. We all went to Biagis down in Salt Lake as a family and had so much fun looking at the Christmas lights downtown. We had such a nice Christmas together. Unfortunately Zaida was not there with us, however; we had her home two days later. Best belated Christmas present ever! She has been such a joy in our home and has such a sweet spirit. Sienna is the sweetest big sister and loves her sister so much. She has adjusted so well to having her home. She still asks me everyday if I am going to the hospital to see Zaida and then answers her own question by saying, "nnnnooooo, you silly goose!" Zaida is home on oxygen which is very inconvenient but we are just happy to have her home. Hopefully we can ween her off this week.
This time of year the saying, "We Believe in Miracles" rang true at our house. A few months ago when Tyler told me how small our little Zaida was, I prayed for a miracle. It has and still will be a long road for her but we are so thankful for her and love her so much. Zaida is a "lucky one". We hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Welcome Home Zaida!!






Christmas with the Berretts



Christmas morning

Sienna loved her new pearl necklace with the magnetic clasps so much she kept putting it on her mom and dad. Doesn't Tyler look pretty?



Sienna was so excited for Santa Clause to come. Most of her presents were ready for her to play with but she was the most interested in one of her baby dolls bath toys in her stocking. She kept saying, "mom, look!" and I kept saying, "Sienna, look over there." It took her a while but she finally dug in.

Birthday fun



The story behind these pictures is Sienna is seranading the entire restaurant her rendition of Silent Night. The only words she yelled...I mean sang were holy night over and over again. It was the funniest thing ever. To top off the night we had two different tables come up to us thanking us for the beautiful singing by our darling daughter. ha! She is the biggest crack up and entertainer.


12 comments:

Aubry said...

Yay! I'm so glad she's home! And I'm glad Sienna is adjusting well. You are such a cute family! Love the story about Sienna singing at the restaurant.
Oh, and aren't those bibs the greatest?

Elisa said...

I'm so happy your little one is home and doing well! congrats! I'm glad my child is not the only one that serenades entire restuarants... Mia's song is I love to see the temple, at the top of her lungs.quite entertaining.

Heather said...

Zaida IS lucky. She is lucky to have you for a mommy and be born into such a great family. Keep us updated.

Unknown said...

How funny! I'm glad you had a great Christmas and birthday. Zaida has gotten so big. Your girls are both so cute!

Leslie said...

Look at how precious little Zaida is!! She makes me soooo baby hungry which I do not want to be! I'm so happy she's home. She's such a fighter.

And Sienna...so funny! She does remind me of little Sydney. So carefree and funny!

bevany said...

Wow I can't believe she is home! I'm so happy for you guys. She looks so teeny and cute! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas...and a happy birthday too!

The Railsback's said...

Congrats on Zaida! Sienna is adorable, shes getting so big!

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about you and your family the other night. What a great birthday present to have Zaida home, she is so beautiful! And I love those pictures of Sienna.

Brooke said...

I am so glad you have her home! She looks so cute, I love the dark hair. She'll be so big before you know it. Best of luck!

Jenn Whitesides said...

Hey Katie! We missed you during our visit in UT. It was so fun to see Sienna so grown up! She was a little lady compared to my wild and crazy boys. Hang in there during these next few months being isolated at home! You are such a trooper. You and I...we like to keep things interesting in life, don't we? Hopefully it won't be too long before our next visit! Love ya lots!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she is home! Lets us know when we can come up and visit or meet somewhere.

Leslie said...

The other day Sydney and I were leaving Target and she was yelling/singing at the top of her lungs. It made me laugh and think of Sienna! She was singing that song from Yo Gabba Gabba...
"Inside voice, quiiieeet, inside voice. Shhhhh! Outside voice! Big and Loud! Outside voice! AHHHHHH!"