CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 11, 2009

Got Milk You Silly Goose??

Sienna is fascinated by my breast pump. She gets so excited every time I have to pump. She always asks, "mommy, you pumping milk for Zaida?"
my response: "yes I am"
Sienna: "boobs hurt?"
Me: "yes, sometimes"
Sienna: "ahhhh" with a very concerned look on her face.
Her fascination got histerical when my mom and I found her pretending to pump. She is way too funny. A few days ago I was getting ready to pump in the morning and Sienna says to me, "are you going to pump you silly goose?" I about died of laughter.








Zaida update:

This last week Zaida had a bit of a set back. The day nurse found blood in her stool so they had to stop all her feeds, put on an IV, and put her back in the incubator. They ran all sorts of tests and labs to find the problem but everything came back pretty normal. They ran more tests but everything came back the same if not better. She did not look or act sick but finding blood in the stool is not good any way you look at it so they took all careful precautions with Zaida which was frustrating but such a relief. They also ended up giving her a blood transfusion the other day because she was not producing enough red blood cells and her reaction to it has been remarkable. She is like a whole new baby. The very next day she was taken off oxygen and she began taking her bottle when they resumed her feeds. Her feedings started back up very minimal, only 5cc's at first. I thought she was starving when she gobbled it up so fast, but now she is almost back up to her full feeding and she is still gobbling it up. I finally asked the doctor if I could do skin to skin with Zaida and that has been going really well. Hopefully I will be able to start nursing soon.
I would like to thank everybody for their fasting and prayers for Zaida this week. It was definitely a scary week that I hope not to repeat. We pray Zaida is on the mend and will be home soon.





Don't you just love her mouth hanging open? I could eat her!



11 comments:

Josh and Tausha said...

We're glad to hear that she's doing better! Sienna is so funny!

Aubry said...

Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry for the scary week you all had. So glad she's doing better! I'm still praying for you guys and hope you can have your sweet baby home soon. Hang in there. I know all these trials can definitely be discouraging, but I know you are being watched out for!
PS - I'm going to send you an email. Leslie mentioned that you don't always check your email, so I thought I'd give you a heads up.

Leslie said...

I am glad your scary week is over and that Zaida is doing so well! She really does look much bigger in these pictures! I hope she can come home for Christmas.

I cracked up at Sienna. I remember you telling me that the other day but not the silly goose comment! That's actually really funny because Sydney always uses that term! I started calling her a silly goose one day and she thinks it is so funny! I love the picture of Sienna pumping. Haha, they really do learn by example!

bevany said...

What a scary week, but I'm glad it turned out ok. I'm glad she's doing better! Sienna's so funny. I love it!

Heather said...

Thanks for the update. I have been wondering about Zaida and the family. I'm glad she is doing so much better.
Lily spit up blood two days after we brought her home from the hospital and they never figured out why.
I hope Zaida grows and gets feeling good soon so you can bring her home.

Erin Marriott said...

Oh, I had no idea that happened last week. I'm so glad she is doing better, and that her feedings are back up. She really is a little fighter, isn't she?! And so strong! She is so precious, and I can already tell she's getting bigger! You are such a good mom, Katie! And I was cracking up at Sienna's thoughts on the breast pump!! LOL!

Kelly and Tadd said...

I just loved the conversation that you had with Sienna! It has been too long since we have been able to be with you guys. I am so glad to hear that Zaida is doing better. We are so sad that we are not going to be together over Christmas. We will have to figure out a trip so we can come visit the growing Berrett fam! Miss and love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sienna made me laugh out loud!!! Sorry about the set back with baby! I am still praying that you guys get her home as a Christmas present! Hope things are going much better!

Anonymous said...

Sienna is so funny, I can just picture her saying that in her little voice! My nephew used to take my breast pump and put it up to his ear like he was talking on the phone! I guess that's what he thought it was for.

Thanks for updating us Zaida, I bet that was so scary but I'm glad she is doing well. Miss you guys!

P.S. Sorry we didn't get back to you about Monday, we've been so busy. It might be easier to go in the afternoon with just us girls. Does that work for you?

Unknown said...

That is so good to hear. I'm glad baby Zaida is progressing. I loved the story about Sienna and the pump. That is too funny!!

Anonymous said...

Hey baby girl, Just wanted to see all your new pictures. Miss you and Sienna and Zaida soo much. Tyler and Toby too. Love ya Momsalish