CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

New Accomplishments

We are in Arizona right now spending time with my family and have been here now for almost a month. It has been great! Lots of pictures to come.
I have to post on my sweet girls, especially Zaida. She is rolling over now and has been for a while. It was only a couple of days ago that she pulled her arm out from underneath her to push herself from her tummy to her back. She is still working on that. She rolls from her back to her tummy so fast, it is so cute to watch her.
She is just like her big sister in that they both get around by doing what I like to call "pelvic thrusts". She is on her way to scooting all around her play area.
She really has found her voice and is almost pronouncing da da da, but not yet. She is really loud just like Sienna so I kind of get embarrassed at church. ha!
I am nearly positive she is teething. They have not come through yet but I see them making their way. She is drooling constantly and gumming on anything she can find. You would think it would make her fussy but it doesn't.
She is close to or around 10lbs. I am not sure how accurate my parents scale is but that is what we kept getting. I am thrilled. She has been wearing 3 month baby clothes the whole time we have been on vacation.
She smiles and laughs ALL the time. She has the sweetest disposition and is such a happy baby.

Sienna:
Sienna is a constant entertainer. She cracks us up with the things she says and does. For those of you familiar with my oldest brother Nick, this will not come as a surprise to you. For those of you unfamiliar with him, let me explain. He is hilarious in the most disgusting way possible. (love you Nick)! He has not been the greatest of influences on my sweet innocent daughter who is in her "copy stage". Do you remember the line, "can it you nit!" from the movie, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? Nick taught her that line but changed it to "can it Grandma!" Here is what transpired the other day.
Sienna: "buns, dump, buns and dump" (repeating it over and over)
Grandma Sharon: "Sienna, those words are not very nice. "
Sienna: "Can it Grandma!"
I could not contain my laughter. I had tears streaming all the way down my face. My mom got a kick out of it too.
Sienna loves books. She intently listens to the whole story. She memorizes the whole thing before too long. Her favorites lately have been Fancy Nancy series, Bears Vacation and Horton hatches an Egg.
While we have been here in AZ she has learned to ride a tricycle. She rides it fast and knows how to turn when she needs to.

Mom:
I ran a mile with my dad. 1 mile! It may not seem like a lot to some but for me a HUGE accomplishment. I DO NOT RUN! I continued to run with my dad everyday. I am proud of myself.

Dad:
He golfed his best round of golf not too long ago. ha! I had to think of something. I am sure there is more but that is the best I could do. Love you babe and miss you like crazy!

Those are our accomplishments, thanks for tuning in! what are your recent accomplishments?

7 comments:

Ashlee said...

I am in AZ too! Let's get together!

Josh and Tausha said...

Yay for Zaida! Sienna is a so funny! Way to go on your mile run...I've been running too! Now we can run together! We're excited for you to come home!

Aubry said...

Love the conversation between Sienna and your mom! Too funny. And nice work on running the mile. I don't run either. Thanks for hanging out the other night. It was fun! I will call you to see if there's a time this week that we could get the kids together to play before you head back (if you have time of course).

Brooke said...

Sienna sound just like a growing little girl. The sassy things that have come out of the mouths of mine! I'm sure you're loving the warm weather in AZ, we're still in very wet, yucky weather! So jealous!

Anonymous said...

Hey call me when you get back in town. I really want to get together. And if the weather ever warms up we can meet at my moms and go swimming.

Erin Marriott said...

How fun to be able to spend time with your family!!!! And that is such a crack up about Sienna! She has the cutest little personality! And good job girl! A mile??! Running is really hard for me too, which is so sad because I used to run cross country, lol! But now a mile is so overwhelming! What happened?! Oh, yes, kids. Just kidding, that's just an excuse but now you have totally motivated me. But maybe I'll wait till I have this baby :) anyway, I love your guts and I still have your package for sweet little Zaida. Just need to make it to the post office. I know. I'm so on the ball. Miss you girl.
p.s. sorry this comment is so long but I have one more thing to say...So Dan and I were up until like 1 in the morning last night talking about you and Tyler. There will just never be another Katie and Ty.

Anonymous said...

Last night the house was so quiet but not in a good way. My Babbies were gone and we will miss you so much. Even taking Sienna to the bathroom umpteen times a day, I love when she tells you," no mommy grandma Sharon do it." HAHA